Funder & Lightning - Page 311 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 17, 2017, 10:02 AM
RC Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregco10
I printed out and tiled the V3 plans at about 68 percent and got about a 25 inch wingspan. Planning on a 850 3s and 25 gram motor. Sound about correct?
Pretty sure I flew my 24" on a 2S. If you prop it right, nothing wrong with the 3S. Only concern would be weight.
Latest blog entry: Funder & Lightning Videos
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2017, 10:17 AM
RC Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrocat
...one thing that wasn't mentioned -- what do you use for pushrods?
Yep, that was one item I forgot to mention. But in my defense, I knew I was going to cover it during the 'electronics' installation portion.

One other important item I left out is the thin carbon fiber strip that goes into the horizontal stab. It is a very important structure support. I was kicking myself for skipping it. Not to worry, I bring it up during the build video. Creating these videos requires a bit of a learning curve but I feel like I'm making progress each time.

Editing the videos (2 cameras, audio, timelapse) takes a lot of time. I ran into problems with the new Magix Movie Studio Platinum 14 so I ended up moving back to Movie Studio v13. One major headache has been the lighting in my workshop. The white balance in the first videos looks awful so I decided to confront this issue and changed several lights in my studio to fix it. In the sample stills below, the new light setup looks MUCH better.

Thanks for hanging in there. Your comments are certainly welcome since the main reason I'm doing this...is for you guys!

-Lee
Apr 19, 2017, 03:48 PM
Name: 20170419_164042_HDR.jpg
Views: 34
Size: 620.2 KB
Description:

Soon to be done 25 inch. I have a couple of 500mah 2s that may be a better choice.
Apr 19, 2017, 06:34 PM
RC Enthusiast
The build video is done. Here's the YouTube link:

Building the Funder & Lighting / Part 3 (14 min 19 sec)
Apr 20, 2017, 09:38 PM
RC Enthusiast
Phew! I'm done! It was a lot of work but all four parts are now out on YouTube and the best news of all, the new F&L maiden went perfectly. If I get hit by a bus tomorrow, I know the F&L will live on!

If you've been watching them, I appreciate your support. It would be nice to hear from one person out there (not on RCG) who used the video to build their own kit. Then, all the stress and video editing would be worth it.

Enjoy!

Maiden Flight of the Funder & Lightning / Part 4 (2 min 0 sec)
Apr 20, 2017, 10:12 PM
Great job on all 4 videos! Very informative and entertaining. I've built dozens and dozens of foamies but still enjoy seeing how others do their builds. Are you planning to do a painting video?

Again excellent work!
Apr 22, 2017, 09:46 AM
3DHS 'native'
Great work Lee. Quite honestly the most fun I've had in this hobby has been with the Funders.