Apr 06, 2009, 09:21 PM

Where in Houston can I get Cellfoam 88 :-)

Hi Yar,
Where exactly in houston can I get Cellfoam 88. My phone bill is going to be more expensive than the travel time and the cost. My wife will kill me....but when your an addict.....oh well
to remove ads between posts
Apr 07, 2009, 02:15 AM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahag721
Where exactly in houston can I get Cellfoam 88?
I found it available (in large sheets) at my local Hobby Lobby Crafts store and RC Hobby Shop down in SW Houston. Michael's may carry it, not sure. You could try contacting Midwest Products and see if they'll provide you a list of local vendors near you.
Apr 07, 2009, 02:22 AM
Funder Struck
My local michaels only has the $2 20x30 sheets and the Elmers foam poster board. I grabbed some of the elmers again.
Apr 07, 2009, 06:30 AM
Thanks helifryer, going4speed and praymond (love that link!) I will start cutting foam this afternoon, but first I have a JOB INTERVIEW! Maybe I can buy a 3s battery after all
Apr 07, 2009, 06:47 AM
Long time newbie
Quote:
Hi Yar,
Where exactly in houston can I get Cellfoam 88. My phone bill is going to be more expensive than the travel time and the cost. My wife will kill me....but when your an addict.....oh well
Texas Art Supply carries it.
http://www.texasart.com/help/index_store_locations.cfm
Apr 07, 2009, 07:42 AM
Reap the wild wind
Good luck with the job interview Dogsbd.
I fly mine with anything from a 3 cell 1400 to a 3 cell 2200 MAh but perhaps get the feel of it on 2 cells before stepping up to more power.
Head
Apr 07, 2009, 09:05 AM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by heymak
Texas Art Supply carries it.
Ahh...good one. Completely forgot about them and I used to go there almost once a month! Thanks for the tip.

I also mentioned AMAZON.COM sells it. Not a bad price if you combine it with other purchases. I've picked up several sheets and they got to my house in one piece. They sell Midwest Products carbon fiber too.

-Lee
Apr 07, 2009, 11:50 AM
Funder Struck
I got some of the 3mm elmers foam board. Im just goin to leave the paper on. atleast on one side, keeps it from being so flimsy. but I still want to get sme of the 88
Apr 07, 2009, 01:56 PM
No! Don't leave the paper on! All that weight!
Just use the kF steap and it will be alright.
I double most of my setups and they are still flying.
And if you take the paper off just one side,, it will warp real bad!
Apr 07, 2009, 02:38 PM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Thread OP

My postal store just called...my DX7 is here!! Yea!! I'll pass along more information once I get my little hands on it.

Now the question is...which F&L to fly first??
Apr 07, 2009, 02:43 PM
Funder Struck
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarsmythejr

Now the question is...which F&L to fly first??
duh, yippee
Apr 07, 2009, 02:44 PM
Reap the wild wind
Dan
any plans out there for the last but one? Looks really cool and great paint/sharpie job.
Head
Apr 07, 2009, 04:08 PM
Fear is the mind killer
Quote:
Hi Yar,
Where exactly in houston can I get Cellfoam 88....
I am no foam expert, but can someone comment on the difference b/t cellfoam 88 and depron...besides the price difference?
I think they look and feel like the same material. I believe the cf 88 typically comes in 5mm while depron comes in 6mm.

10 sheets of 13"x39" depron is $50 with shipping from rcfoam.com and the cellfoam 88 is $13 for 2 sheets the same size at my LHS.

I think that midwest stuff is just expensive.
Hebert
Apr 07, 2009, 04:10 PM
i've finished my 3rd funder today, EPP + CFK. I've added ~ 3 dihedral. It flies way better than 0
Apr 07, 2009, 05:50 PM
Long time newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT
No! Don't leave the paper on! All that weight!
Just use the kF steap and it will be alright.
I double most of my setups and they are still flying.
And if you take the paper off just one side,, it will warp real bad!
Got to agree with Dan on this one. I know from experience that it'll warp.

Quick Reply