Jun 27, 2007, 07:29 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

15" Parkzone Micro Cessna 210

From the looks of it (and price) this little gym will be one of the highest quality micro RTF planes. Just saying it is from Parkzone already means it will have decent quality to keep flying for well over a year (all of my PZ planes are over a year old currently) and by its stats it will finally be a 3ch high quality backyard flyer, literally. it just floats around the gym in the video, so I'll be sure and check one out even though it has a pretty price tag for a micro at $150 I work at LHS so maybe I'll get to fly the demo...
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2007, 07:32 AM
Thread OP
Here are the specs from hobbyzone.com - NOTE I have bolded everything that has caught my eye, and it will probably catch yours as well

Features
-2.4GHz technology eliminates interference allowing multiple planes to be flown at the same time
-Ultra-micro, 18 g, so small you can fly it in half a basketball court
-Ready-to-fly right from the box, everything you need is included
-Micro 3.7V 70mAh Li-Po battery pack
-Available in three attractive trim schemes
-Throttle, elevator and rudder—provide true 3-channel flight and maneuverability necessary for indoor flying
-Fully proportional, super lightweight servo motors with feedback potentiometers allows precise control
-Scale appearance and details so it looks great right out of the box
-Attractive display stand houses the DC charger and charges the battery pack in only 15-20 minutes
- Digital trim adjustment on the transmitter
Overview
The Cessna 210 Centurion is a micro-sized yet powerful replica of the renowned aircraft. At just 18 grams, this is an extremely lightweight indoor flyer and is unbelievably maneuverable. The Cessna can even perform loops and tail slides. The Cessna 210 Centurion operates on 2.4GHz so you can fly without worry of interference. When it’s not being flown, just place the Cessna in its own display stand with built-in charger and it will be good to go for its next excursion.

Getting the Cessna 210 Centurion airborne is about as simple as it gets—everything you need is in this box. Simply install the AA batteries, charge the flight battery (which takes about 15-20 minutes) and you’re ready to fly! Enjoy up to ten minutes of flight time with each charge.

Charge-and-Fly convenience, outstanding flight performance and exciting semi-scale action—with the Cessna 210 Centurion you get it all. Cessna and Cessna 210 are trademarks of Textron Innovations, Inc. and are used under license.

Specifications
Wing Span: 15 in (380mm)
Overall Length: 12–13/16 in (325mm)
Flying Weight: 0.6 oz (18 g)
Radio: 3-channel 2.4GHz (included)
Recommended Battery: 3.7V 70mAh Li-Po battery (included)
Gear Ratio: 5.28:1
Jun 27, 2007, 08:24 AM
Quite a bit remarkable about that, besides 3 ch proportional 2.4 ghz RC. There's the fact that it weighs the same as an Aero Ace biplane, despite having twice the wingspan, and only half as big a battery. Perhaps attributable to the fact that it's a geared motor instead of direct drive.

Wonder how fragile it is -- what kind of foam plastic it's made of?

"Charges in 15-20 minutes" means "charges at 3 to 4 times C".
Wonder how they figure they can get away with that?
How long will the battery last?

With such a low wing loading, though, it ought to be a really slow flier. I imagine it's not meant to go outdoors...

PS despite all doubts, I'm sure we're all eagerly awaiting this little gem...
Jun 27, 2007, 09:01 AM
Im looking forward to it. Here is another thread on this https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637399
Jun 27, 2007, 10:37 AM
I WANT THE ****!!
When are they coming out, the guy at my LHS is not sure, he doesn't even get mad when I call once a week looking for it because he can't wait for it either
Jun 27, 2007, 10:45 AM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
I think we are looking at a very hi-tech plane indeed....18grams? how the heck did they do that? I'm impressed! More than likely to get one for myself.
Jun 27, 2007, 11:01 AM
Herk pilot emeritus
Wouldn't it be cool if it also had a steerable nose gear. I'd love to take that out to the club field, and taxi onto the runway to takeoff after some gas giant...
Jun 27, 2007, 11:49 AM
is it supposed to smoke??
haha im sure u could work that in i admit that would be awesome taxi around and show off ha.18 grams is amazing its using actuators im assuming
Jun 27, 2007, 12:07 PM
Anything RC
I wonder if i can fly this, in a baseball diamond!...with 5mph wind???

robsrchobbies.com in Westminster CA,... is where i am getting mine!...he's a dist: of parkzone, so i'll be getting it as soon as it arives in the US!.....
Jul 04, 2007, 08:16 AM
How about the range of the radio gear? Can't find any documentation on that. I find specs for just about everything else.

Just curious to know if it will go as far as the Aero Ace gear.
Jul 04, 2007, 08:37 AM
RC-Kraut
In germany its now available for 118€. One owner says its a lots of fun this thing . I wait for some reviews, before spending the money

The construction looks fragile, the gear is made up like a falcon breeze block (micro-servos). In the kyosho vid it looks and loops very nice. Another mini RTF milestone, for shure. Rumors say also that the Tx feels "cheap" in the hands. Cant believe that there will be range issues, 2,4 GHz is state of the art now in this class.

CU
Jul 04, 2007, 08:38 AM
Well, between the price, and the fact that it (the radio) is much higher tech (2.4 gHz, auto-channel-select), I would certainly hope it would have as good or better range than the AA.
Jul 04, 2007, 08:52 AM
RC-Kraut
Some here seemed to have smelled it: it has range issues (max. 30-50m) and the Tx is completely sealed. A german guy plans to sew it open in order to optimize this .

All other facts are appetizing for this small beauty. In german forums lots of threads pop up. As in the indoor-group said, I will stay on it and report here for you.

maybe Jaguar20060 (here in rcgroups) , one of the first proud owners from germany will report if he has time. He wrote at least that it flew out of the box like a charm without trims (finally : serial porpoising is out of style).

Have nice dreams of small real 3-ch cessnas - (like me tonight, sssssssssss)

Jul 04, 2007, 09:36 AM
I think that one could attach an SMA connector to the TX output on the PCB and add a nice Wi-Fi antenna rubber duck antenna like a 10dBi version and be in business. Not sure what is on there now but most likely a poor antenna at best. I guess we will wait for the first one to open up and show us the insides.
Jul 04, 2007, 08:14 PM
How long is the RX antenna? If you check out the Star Scream threads, you'll see that it also has range issues, and that lengthening the plane's ant helped a lot.

Quick Reply