60" Talus Swept Wing sloper - 4 surface & PU/RTd - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by ajroahkni, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 26, 2007, 05:35 AM
Trader Rating: 21
PWP!
Sold

60" Talus Swept Wing sloper - 4 surface & PU/RTd

This plane is for sale

Here's an opportunity to get something unique and well-crafted!

Ed Berg's Talus - 60" EPP swept wing. These cannot be bought in stores, be the only one on your slope to fly one (unless you know someone who does fly one, or you live in Colorado...)

This is a 4 servo set-up and I am including the HS81mg servos in the elevons (installed brand new). The inner bays are cut for a HS65 sized servo and control the flaps (I used waypoints - bad idea w/ the double centering - they came out). Servo wires embedded w/ connectors - solder the lead on the HS65 to ~1" and you're good for plug-n-play, no gouging necessary. I guess if you were really anxious to fly, you could tape over the servo holes and tape the flap taught. (too much info in a for sale thread, you say? Wait, there's more!)

This plane is covered in the PU/RT method. It's extremely stiff and twist-resistant. I don't think you could find a stiffer EPP plane than this (for sale on rcgroups today). It weighs in at 29.1 oz. which is reasonable.

Servo leads are clearly marked for Elevons and Flaps. The Batteries are in the wing cores and connecting wires detach for ease of transport (red to red, brown to brown). The antenna is 35" buried in the wing. Because the Rx goes in the pod, you won't have to cut into the wings to get yours to fit (I used a Microdesigns 5/6 channel). Comes with a canuckengineering switchjack installed.

(intermission - check out the video)
Nakalele in the Spring, part 1 (4 min 0 sec)

This is what it looked like brand new:

It's been flown twice (first to cg/trim over grass, second time was that video there)

Here's the pics before going into the box for mailing today:

All that's included. Has an extra fin and an extra main joiner, from Ed Berg.

Close-up of the "guts"

Very clean LEs - just like new!

I tore the ultracote to show the servo connectors in the flap servo pockets. Check out that finish! Can you tell it's EPP?

Only blemish - I bonked my custom made EPP nose and now it's smushed at the bottom of the nose...upper right of the photo: you can kinda see Ed's stock wood fuse in the background - it is included.

===

All that said, I'm asking $180 shipped in the US via USPS Priority Mail. (~$150 plus $30 shipping, insurance, tracking). You can think of it as the cost of kit + materials + 1 20 oz. diet pepsi for the laborer .

It's a shame to see this one go, but there are rules in my household , and I'm at that point when one comes, one goes...so I had to pick the coolest to get rid of.

going, going.....
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2007, 11:32 AM
Trader Rating: 32
very interested.
pm'ed with inquiries and intent to purchase
Jun 26, 2007, 01:20 PM
Trader Rating: 21
PWP!
pm replied.

I hope I answered all of your questions satisfactorily.

John

===

Well, less than a day later, my beautiful Talus is sold and mailed to a great guy...I miss her already.

Thanks Sanders.
Last edited by ajroahkni; Jun 26, 2007 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Sold