Jun 25, 2007, 05:11 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
Build Log

New Garage finally underway!!!!!!!

Build Log really fits here huh

Well, as many of you may recall, I had a garage fire in Jan of 2006 (yes, a lipo fire)

A new garage was in the works when this happened with a storage/work area. This is to be over a 2 car garage converted to a 3 car.

After engineering, plans, permits and $$$ ground has finally been broken

I still see 2 to 3 months of work ahead but it should be done before the winter sets in at least

Just wanted to share this with you all and I will post pics as we go.

FB

Just dug out an old picture of the house before the fire and added it. The 3 windows are part of a 500 sf addition that was just finished.
Last edited by Fred Bronk; Jun 07, 2010 at 09:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2007, 05:18 PM
Nice!. I'm glad you are finally getting your garage back!. Good luck to ya Fred!....Ron
Jun 25, 2007, 07:13 PM
Bush Pilots Bounce Higher
And you guys want me to use lipos ?
Jun 25, 2007, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidious
And you guys want me to use lipos ?
It was the USER (me) who did not follow basic safety rules. I don't blame the Lipos, I blame the charger (orbit). But it was still my fault.

FB
Jun 25, 2007, 07:45 PM
Renewed interest
Looks like a fun build, i cant wait to see the maiden
Jun 25, 2007, 07:47 PM
Bush Pilots Bounce Higher
Oh

OK

I still will stick to my nicad and nihm batteries for a while
Jun 25, 2007, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidious
Oh

OK

I still will stick to my nicad and nihm batteries for a while
Hey why don't you take the (+) and (-) lead and hold then together for a few minutes next to some shredded paper and see what happens! Point is if you do not follow ANY products safety rules, you will be sorry!...Ron
Jun 25, 2007, 08:18 PM
2 MANY TOYS :-)
Glad to see this Fred. I know you will have a much nicer shop when it's all finished.

Cheers - Boyd
Jun 25, 2007, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingstill
Hey why don't you take the (+) and (-) lead and hold then together for a few minutes next to some shredded paper and see what happens! Point is if you do not follow ANY products safety rules, you will be sorry!...Ron
You mean that Nimh and Nicads can go boom
Jun 25, 2007, 08:26 PM
Hey Fred,

So, is this actually going to be a three car garage that fits one car, or like mine, a no car garage (Eventhough it's supposed to fit two cars!)?
Jun 25, 2007, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_sharks_fan
Hey Fred,

So, is this actually going to be a three car garage that fits one car, or like mine, a no car garage (Eventhough it's supposed to fit two cars!)?
No, a 3 car garage with 1 car parking for my wife in the new garage. I get the 2 car garage for my tools and auto work AND the 16 x 22 area up top for the RC stuff.

Ahh, life is good.

FB
Jun 25, 2007, 09:12 PM
Suspended Account
Nice new setup garage you got going on.

Im very curious to know how the lipo caught fire? I live in an apartment, and that would be devesating to our whole community here.

Please advise any safety procedures to take.

thanks
Jun 25, 2007, 09:31 PM
Rank Amateur
Congrats Fred! Doing everything yourself or contracting it out?
Jun 25, 2007, 10:13 PM
volts x amps = watts.
Mmmm, new garage. Good to see you heartily in the midst of the rebuild.

Do you have any plans for a workshop area or are you just trying to get it built and you'll figure the rest out later?

I'm looking forward to some free time to "decorate" the garage in my townhome I just moved into a couple months ago. Finally a concrete-floored workspace. If I only had enough funds to install a lift and ceiling-hung pneumatic tools.
Jun 25, 2007, 10:58 PM
Fred, that's what I tought you would say

Don't know what I'm going to do now that I'm engaged and the better half will need a garage to park in as I only have a two car garage, err workshop.

Quick Reply