This thread is privately moderated by WarrrEagle!, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 25, 2007, 12:38 AM
Too little play time...
Discussion

FanFoldFly

I rebuilt my Fan Fold copy of the Superfly... Did a 3 ply nose and added some skewers for longitudinal strength.

This one uses a Hextronik 24g outrunner (1300kv) with an APC 7x4 and a 3 cell 800 mAh li-po with cheapie servos and a Berg Microstamp rx.

Maidened it earlier this evening and it was a blast! Zippy as all get out but slowed down very nicely as well. Lots of fun!

I'd like to try one of the higher kv versions of the motor...

I have about 5 packs through this model as set up and it is awesome! It amazes me how well a flat plate delta like this can fly!

Try it!
Last edited by WarrrEagle!; Jun 28, 2007 at 08:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2007, 09:32 AM
That Fan Fold Fly looks great! I just got my hands on some FFF this weekend. I'm thinking about trying a Fan Fold Fly myself. Is the nose the only place where you had more than one layer of FFF? Was the rest of the wing 1 or 2 layers?
Jun 26, 2007, 11:21 AM
Too little play time...
Thanks!

The front is 3 ply, the rear is single. If you plan to crash much (!!!) I'd do double all the way back or better yet do a KF airfoil as discussed in this thread.

As long as you have more motor than I'm running you will be OK with more plys/more weight.
Jun 26, 2007, 04:50 PM
I've got an extra BP-21 motor just like what comes on a stock Superfly. That should work, right? I'd love to try making one out of FFF. I have bashed mine into the ground a few too many times. Is that the exact same measurements as a stock Superfly? I guess I could just trace my superfly and go from there.
Jun 26, 2007, 05:36 PM
Too little play time...
The BP-21 will be insane! Insane is good!

Yes I used the same measurements.

Let me know how it goes or if you need more pics or whatever.
Jul 01, 2007, 12:56 PM
Victoria Super Mortem

That Rocks!!

That definately Rocks!!!

Just like you.... You Rock!!!!

That other plane in the post... it also Rocks..!!

It's not a girly man's plane....No!
Jul 01, 2007, 10:42 PM
Too little play time...
Yes, I doth rock... Go forth and rock more thyself!