Jun 24, 2007, 12:51 PM
Discussion

Ivans Sealand 480 build

I am working on a Sealand 480 built from Ivans plans. I have the fuselage mostly done, the wing done except for motor pods and floats, and the tail is mostly done. I didn't take many pictures of the progress so far, but here it is now. I am also building a big lazy bee, which is also nearly done. I got sidetracked from the sealand to work on the bee. I have to buy the motors and gearboxes for the sealand to finish the pods. I haven't decided what to use for them yet, but will probably use what he used his model. This is my first scratch built plane, and pretty complicated to do for the first one, but I think it is coming along nicely.

Here is his page.
http://www.geocities.com/ivansplans/
to remove ads between posts
Jun 24, 2007, 01:10 PM
SENTA A PUAAA!!!
you´re doin´ great!!!

Go ahead and good luck
Jun 24, 2007, 11:48 PM
vwhed84, the Sealand is looking real nice - couldn't tell this was your first scratch-build from looking at the pictures! Looks like you're well on your way and should be finished soon.

Hopefully you have already seen it, but if not, and you'd like some great motivation, check out FlyPilot's Sealand over in the Scale Electric forum. He has some great videos that will show you how much fun you're going to have when it's all said and done!

Luke
Jun 25, 2007, 04:34 AM
Student of Ivan
Nice Sealand! I love seeing Ivan's plans being built. I'll enjoy watching yours.
Be sure to check out LukeZ's Solent as well. Other build threads of Ivan's planes that I'm aware of are Rudderman's Mars , falconhob's Mars , flypilot's Sealand that Luke already mentioned and my Solent although mine is not nearly as nice as the others .

John
Jun 25, 2007, 10:02 PM

Sealand

That video of the sealand is very good! I am excited to get mine done now. Also, I will be adding a third wire now before I cover the wing, so that I can decide if I want to use a brushless motor. I will try to update as I get more done on the model.

Derek.
Jan 15, 2008, 07:23 PM
Hey Derek, how's the Sealand going - any more progress?

Luke

Quick Reply