Thread Tools
Sep 13, 2007, 03:05 PM
Registered User

Plans


Quote:
Originally Posted by edge5foamy
Anyway you can send me the plans?
I sent you a PM.

Just
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 13, 2007, 03:09 PM
There is no place like Hodges!
edge5foamy's Avatar
Thanks!
Sep 18, 2007, 05:51 AM
Registered User
I'm looking to build a larger outdoor Clik.
Would like to use my Axi 2212 34 and 3S TP1320.
What size would you recommend for this power system.
I'm thinking around a 36 to 40" span?
Sep 18, 2007, 07:51 AM
Aerodynamically challenged
3Deranged's Avatar
Don't know what the thrust on that setup would be. If you can get a rough estimate(motocalc may help) of your thrust, divide by half and that should be your ideal weight. Also depends on how light you build. Everything I touch turns to lead, so I power accordingly. I like to see around 175-200w/lb for this plane. With the 1320's you probably don't want to pull over about 16 amps. A 2:1 power to weight ratio seems to work out great for 3D. I like to hover @ 1/2 throttle. I would try to make one that weighs in around 10-14oz. max for that size. Here's a pic of a Mini-Clik I'm making for my friend's MicroDan F3P system. Trying for a sub 4oz. AUW. 28" wingspan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wim5150
I'm looking to build a larger outdoor Clik.
Would like to use my Axi 2212 34 and 3S TP1320.
What size would you recommend for this power system.
I'm thinking around a 36 to 40" span?
Sep 18, 2007, 07:55 AM
There is no place like Hodges!
edge5foamy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wim5150
I'm looking to build a larger outdoor Clik.
Would like to use my Axi 2212 34 and 3S TP1320.
What size would you recommend for this power system.
I'm thinking around a 36 to 40" span?

Do you plan to use 6mm depron?
Sep 18, 2007, 11:03 AM
Registered User
Planning on Fan Fold possibly multiple layers of the FF split to 3mm.
Fuse would be either 6 or 9 mm thick and the wing 6.
Data I've found on the AXI is roughly 23 oz thrust @ 9A with APC 11 x 4.7.
About 14 oz was what I was thinking for AUW.
Sep 18, 2007, 02:29 PM
There is no place like Hodges!
edge5foamy's Avatar
Yeah, I think that would work.
Sep 19, 2007, 08:32 PM
Senior to who? Member
crossup's Avatar
stay tuned, finally got a friend to shoot some video of my Clik!
Sep 20, 2007, 02:33 AM
There is no place like Hodges!
edge5foamy's Avatar
SWEET! I am staying tuned
Sep 20, 2007, 04:01 PM
Registered User
kyalamikid's Avatar
Tried the 13x4 APC E prop on my KDA. It is simply unbelievable, the thrust generated at just under half throttle is more than the SF 12x4.7 generated at 2/3. Also much quieter and smoother. Amazing the difference a good prop can make. This is about the 10 prop I have tried so far, and if I can afford a few more, 'll be set. They are $7 a pop here...
Sep 20, 2007, 04:33 PM
Senior to who? Member
crossup's Avatar
Well if you like the APC E, you'll flip over the Graupner low pitch CAM series...
my rough measurements show 30% more thrust on 17% less amps when switching from APC 12x6 to Graupner 14.2x4


Quote:
Originally Posted by kyalamikid
Tried the 13x4 APC E prop on my KDA. It is simply unbelievable, the thrust generated at just under half throttle is more than the SF 12x4.7 generated at 2/3. Also much quieter and smoother. Amazing the difference a good prop can make. This is about the 10 prop I have tried so far, and if I can afford a few more, 'll be set. They are $7 a pop here...
Sep 20, 2007, 05:07 PM
Registered User
kyalamikid's Avatar
Sound good... gotta find them here in Africa first though....

By the way Crossup... wheres the vids....?
Last edited by kyalamikid; Sep 20, 2007 at 05:23 PM.
Sep 21, 2007, 12:51 PM
Aerodynamically challenged
3Deranged's Avatar
Kayalamikid, How did the Black EPP version of the Clik work out? Did you get that one airborne? Just wondering how the EPP version does.
Sep 21, 2007, 05:53 PM
Registered User
Hi Crossup,
You have to post your video. Until you see these XL foamies fly you can't possibly imagine how slowww these things really fly.

I love mine so much, I sent the day before the neat fair building my second one.
55" wildthing. I think the coolest part is that they fly like a big trainer, but are fully 3D capable.

Mike

PS. Ive flown mine in winds up to 20 to 30 mph. How cool is that!
Winter time is not going to hold me back from flying this year
Sep 21, 2007, 06:56 PM
Senior to who? Member
crossup's Avatar
Mike,
I just got email saying the video came out pretty well. But I wont have it before Tuesday night, my friends are out of town . Only dissappointment is
I did some mind blowing TIC TOCs with my jumbo F3A and she missed triggering the camera so it wasnt filmed. But the 2 Clik XL flights are there

Your quite right about giant foamies being just like trainers, but then again so are 40 % IMAC planes- for me that the coolest part.. my XL is big but it flys even bigger

Much as I like my CLIK XL, I'm leaning more toward making a 60" SPARK...
the CLIK is a big pussy cat, the SPARK is a Ferrari on quaaludes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike glass
Hi Crossup,
You have to post your video. Until you see these XL foamies fly you can't possibly imagine how slowww these things really fly.

I love mine so much, I sent the day before the neat fair building my second one.
55" wildthing. I think the coolest part is that they fly like a big trainer, but are fully 3D capable.

Mike

PS. Ive flown mine in winds up to 20 to 30 mph. How cool is that!
Winter time is not going to hold me back from flying this year


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Magnum XL .52 FS on a 96oz warbird? jhamm Engines 7 Feb 02, 2007 10:17 PM
Ebay - Magnum XL-52 4-stroke only a few minutes left! neilo Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Feb 19, 2004 09:45 PM
Magnum XL .52 4 stroke emartin Engines 2 Jan 23, 2003 10:32 PM