This thread is privately moderated by leadfeather, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 24, 2020, 03:52 PM

Gorilla Glue

Has anyone tried this on EPP or depron.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 24, 2020, 06:34 PM
Not tried it on EPP. It's a standard adhesive for styrene foams like Depron. I prefer the white version, though. It doesn't foam as much.
Apr 25, 2020, 11:15 AM
Lead On, O King
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDARR
Has anyone tried this on EPP or depron.
Yes it works quite well but you have to manage the foaming with compression or trim off excess when fully cured.
Apr 25, 2020, 10:10 PM
rab
rab
Muddle on
I am not fond of it for most uses on EPP because it dries rigid. I use gorrilla on depron and the like, but managing the foaming can be a challenge.
Apr 26, 2020, 07:50 AM
I love white gorillea glue. Just remeber the #1 rule: If you think you applied enough glue to the joint... You used too much
Apr 26, 2020, 10:37 AM
Packing tape over the joint helps to control the foaming. It's easily removed after the glue sets.
Apr 26, 2020, 11:09 AM
https://www.mohrcomposites.com/

Great source!
Apr 27, 2020, 06:33 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspeer
Packing tape over the joint helps to control the foaming. It's easily removed after the glue sets.
Or blue painters tape for easier removal after. For EPP I prefer Foam-Tac or similar to maintain flexibility
Latest blog entry: Release of our 40" EPP Yak55 XL
Apr 28, 2020, 03:37 PM
hi, is there any place i could buy a small piece (about 12"x12") of EPP foam for small repairs.
every place i see sells giant pieces for scratch builders. thanks..
Apr 29, 2020, 05:36 PM
EPP Seller and Kit Manufacture
Nitro Burner, I can supply you with smaller sheets of EPP.

I can custom cut thickness and length and width in #1.3 and #1.9 EPP in white and black and I have a limited supply of black #2.8 right now.
Thicknesses of 3mm - 1" are cut on my slicing machine and anything over 1" is cut with my hot wire CNC (hot wire leaves a thin skin on the surface).

Send me a private message and we can work out the details.
Apr 30, 2020, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCrash2
Nitro Burner, I can supply you with smaller sheets of EPP.

I can custom cut thickness and length and width in #1.3 and #1.9 EPP in white and black and I have a limited supply of black #2.8 right now.
Thicknesses of 3mm - 1" are cut on my slicing machine and anything over 1" is cut with my hot wire CNC (hot wire leaves a thin skin on the surface).

Send me a private message and we can work out the details.
hi, thank you sir. i will figure out what it needed and send PM.thanks again...

Quick Reply