This thread is privately moderated by leadfeather, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 19, 2018, 01:29 PM
Ft Lauderdale
I use EPP mostly. Flying Foam cuts my cores and ships
them in the beds of foam.

My recent foam builds include fuselage or battery pod.

After the wings are prepped and sparred in the foam beds....
don't throw them out.

I use them (trimmed to match fuselage width/shape) to
create a perfect basic fit between wing and fuse.

Pics show rough shaping. A lot of work to do but
these wings will fit great.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2018, 04:25 PM
Quad and foam adept
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeplearning
Hi All
Any source of EPP foam in Austria?
You can check out eppversand.de - I have had foam send to me in Holland as well. Shipping rates within the EU are fair and his foam is quality stuff..
Latest blog entry: WoodQuad
Jun 14, 2018, 12:52 PM
EPP Seller and Kit Manufacture
I am starting up an online business to sell EPP foam. I am hoping to have #1.3 EPP ready for sale by Monday, 25 June, if everything works out well.

Later this summer I hope to also start making EPP RC Plane kits and also start cutting cores for people. I have a CNC hotwire and mill.

www.windcatcherrc.com
Jun 15, 2018, 06:16 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCrash2
I am starting up an online business to sell EPP foam. I am hoping to have #1.3 EPP ready for sale by Monday, 25 June, if everything works out well.

Later this summer I hope to also start making EPP RC Plane kits and also start cutting cores for people. I have a CNC hotwire and mill.

www.windcatcherrc.com
Where are you physically located? Will pick up be available? (shipping is a big deal - dimensional weight). $4 for those boxes isn't that bad
Jun 16, 2018, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman
Where are you physically located? Will pick up be available? (shipping is a big deal - dimensional weight). $4 for those boxes isn't that bad
Hey Coreman, I am physically located in SE Michigan. Local pickup will be available. I am doing my best to figure out the shipping. I know that is an issue for a lot of people. I want to find the most inexpensive way to get the foam to everyone. Right now I have USPS, however I'm considering adding UPS also. I'll look into it further at the beginning of this coming week.
Jun 19, 2018, 05:33 PM
ICrash2, I am looking forward to seeing what you carry. If the price is right maybe I buy a couple of cut wing cores from you.
Jun 19, 2018, 05:48 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Hey Coreman, I am physically located in SE Michigan. Local pickup will be available. I am doing my best to figure out the shipping. I know that is an issue for a lot of people. I want to find the most inexpensive way to get the foam to everyone. Right now I have USPS, however I'm considering adding UPS also. I'll look into it further at the beginning of this coming week.
I’ve found fedex ground to be cheapest for dimensional weight. I need to get more info from you and place an initial order to check things out. How many sheets can you fit in your current boxes?
Jun 19, 2018, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soyrico
ICrash2, I am looking forward to seeing what you carry. If the price is right maybe I buy a couple of cut wing cores from you.
Soyrico, My website is currently up to date on pricing and what I will be carrying for my initial startup. For now I will be selling just sheets of EPP of various sizes. If you need a specific wing, contact me in private and we can discuss if my CNC is capable and how much it will cost for me to do it for you. I can also cut the XPS from Lowes insulation foam. My machine is capable of cutting both with a hot wire and with a mill on the same job. I find the Lowes foam to do well for wing cores too. Depending on the plane and how thick, you might not need a spar.
Jun 19, 2018, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman
I’ve found fedex ground to be cheapest for dimensional weight. I need to get more info from you and place an initial order to check things out. How many sheets can you fit in your current boxes?
Coreman, I sent you a private message a few days ago. I would love to work with you and hope we can find an arrangement that works for both of us. It looks like I will be using UPS soon too. Contact me privately and we can work out the details of what you want and how you want it to be shipped. As for boxes, I'm still trying to figure that out. For now, I might be cutting my own out of large sheets of cardboard. It will be cheapest that way because I have a local source for large cardboard sheets.
Jun 20, 2018, 06:08 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Coreman, I sent you a private message a few days ago. I would love to work with you and hope we can find an arrangement that works for both of us. It looks like I will be using UPS soon too. Contact me privately and we can work out the details of what you want and how you want it to be shipped. As for boxes, I'm still trying to figure that out. For now, I might be cutting my own out of large sheets of cardboard. It will be cheapest that way because I have a local source for large cardboard sheets.
Sorry, it's been a busy week getting ready for an event. I just replied
Jun 25, 2018, 01:12 PM
flyin' fool
Got more FREE foam today. Slabs of EPP used in packing wheel chairs and scooters to the retailers. Yours for the asking!
Last edited by goldguy; Oct 24, 2018 at 10:28 PM.
Jul 03, 2018, 10:34 PM
ICrash2– would love to see some 2” charcoal EPP. Any chance you will carry this?
Jul 04, 2018, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowell
ICrash2– would love to see some 2” charcoal EPP. Any chance you will carry this?
Hello Nowell,
Yes.
I am finishing up my second quote which will include black #1.3 EPP. I should have it in a few weeks.
One of the advantages with the black EPP is that it is a bit more UV resistant due to the carbon used to make the EPP darker.
Jul 05, 2018, 01:00 PM
Excellent.
Jul 05, 2018, 01:49 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Hello Nowell,
Yes.
I am finishing up my second quote which will include black #1.3 EPP. I should have it in a few weeks.
One of the advantages with the black EPP is that it is a bit more UV resistant due to the carbon used to make the EPP darker.
I found that the "black" I got from RC Foam years back was a lot more floppy and rubbery than the same weight white. Is that typical?

Quick Reply