EPP Sources, building tips, tricks, links and free plans - Page 85 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by leadfeather, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 21, 2017, 11:54 AM
I was selling, but took a job that makes it impossible. I do have a fair amount of 3mm in 1.3# and 1.9# on the shelves(hundreds of each). If you can wait for a few weeks until I'm home again I can sell you some.
Sam
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2017, 11:57 AM
Flying foam has really good precision cut epp... ..If he has it ...is a good source...
RCF ...on the other hand went waaaay downhill since it was bought..and moved... by someone out west who is a lousy owner/ manager ..
They used to be first rate...but opposite now...
What goes around comes around is the old adage

Look up user birdofprey on the forum.. he is a kitter and should have a good source
Feb 21, 2017, 12:14 PM
Sam...I'll take you up on that.
PM me when you get back.
BTW...what do you use to laser cut your EPP?
I've been looking at the MPCNC and thinking about trying something like that out, but I don't know what kind of cutting tool would be best for EPP.
Feb 21, 2017, 12:21 PM
gittar...Thanks for the info. I was wondering what happened to them.
Do you mean "Birdofplay"? The guy that has Hoosier Cutout Service?
Feb 21, 2017, 12:41 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsinneck
Where is everybody buying their EPP in the US?
It seems like RCFoam and Grayson Hobby were the last two sources.
Now, RCFoam has none, and Grayson has limited stock, and nothing in 3mm.

I just found flyingfoam...are there any others?
Flying Foam is about all there is at the moment. LightRC has stopped (Sam got a new job and lost use of a loading dock and is traveling a lot more) and I really think RCFoam is in the last stages of going away since Depron won't be available soon and they don't seem to be restocking anything

(I've been happy with Flying Foam)
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
Feb 21, 2017, 02:45 PM
Blue Skies
I'm not into cutting foam but I have seen EPP foam for sale at here, AKA http://fancyfoam-com.3dcartstores.com/ .
Don
Feb 21, 2017, 03:03 PM
I sold the bird some epp, not sure if he went elsewhere too.

Gonna talk to the Wife about her taking over the foam. I'm sure we can just get it sent to a local hub or something..
Feb 21, 2017, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsinneck
gittar...Thanks for the info. I was wondering what happened to them.
Do you mean "Birdofplay"? The guy that has Hoosier Cutout Service?
Yep... hope he forgives me... my DNA contributed Dementia caused that one ..he's the guy...
Feb 22, 2017, 05:54 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotswrv
I sold the bird some epp, not sure if he went elsewhere too.

Gonna talk to the Wife about her taking over the foam. I'm sure we can just get it sent to a local hub or something..
Love to have you as a source again Sam! it was ALWAYS excellent dealing with you
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
Jul 28, 2017, 10:21 PM
Great
Sep 30, 2017, 03:59 PM
Indoor foamy flier
Anybody have a source for 9mm epp sheets? It seems like the only sources have it hot wire cut and I'm looking for some with the smooth surface. Thanks!
Sep 30, 2017, 05:21 PM

Epp Foam

Wmparkflyers.com has foam in both hotwire and skived (smooth surface)

We will be switching over to hotwire on our kits as it is a stiffer flying airframe. We can hotwire all the way down to 3mm thick. The following list is what we have in stock.

Skived 1.3 lb Epp
6mm white
9mm white
9mm black

Hotwire 1.3lb Epp (Epp tuff foam)
3mm white
6mm white
9mm white
12mm white
We can also hotwire the above thicknesses in black as well.

Go to our website and fill out the contact us with your zip code, how much and what thickness you want and we will give you a price quote.

Greg & Barb
WMParkFlyers.com