This thread is privately moderated by leadfeather, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 07, 2018, 06:50 AM
I was wondering if anybody can help. i have a outrunner motor specs T3530/14 1100v around 340 watts with a 30 amp esc 2/4 lipo and props from 9inch upwards and iam looking preferably a epp 3d aerobatic profile that can handle a breeze. Anybody have any suggestions.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2018, 04:41 PM
flyin' fool
Your going to have to spend some time searching for that request. See if there is a kit available and then try to find a posted plan.
Last edited by goldguy; Aug 08, 2018 at 05:05 PM.
Aug 08, 2018, 04:58 PM
flyin' fool
Try here ……………. http://www.zoomport.eu/shop/RC-Kits-...cet=12&stock=0

They do make a 1200mm Super Zoom XL that would work. So, start looking for a 1200mm plan.
Aug 08, 2018, 05:15 PM
Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbees
I was wondering if anybody can help. i have a outrunner motor specs T3530/14 1100v around 340 watts with a 30 amp esc 2/4 lipo and props from 9inch upwards and iam looking preferably a epp 3d aerobatic profile that can handle a breeze. Anybody have any suggestions.
If you go to the page for the Scratchbuilt Foamies forum you'll see a list of thread topics and there are many threads that mention 3D in the topic and many of those will be scratchbuilt foam planes because their threads are in this forum.

I did a search for just the word "3D" in thread titles on the Scratchbuilt Foamies forum and got almost 300 items or 11 pages of hits. So if you go through those you'll probably find something that will meet your needs.

When you go a thread for a build by name you can use the Thread Tools link to view all attachments in that thread and that will show you pictures and plans that may have been posted for that plane.

And if you don't find it there, you can search the 3D related forum or forums for into on foam or foamie builds...

Jack
Aug 09, 2018, 03:07 AM
Okay will do, Thank you.
Aug 20, 2018, 05:59 PM
A few years ago I found plans here for a profile F4-U Corsair. I thought when I built it I made masonite patterns but apparently not. Does anyone know where these plans are? I think its about 26 inch wingspan.

thanks
Last edited by thumbs1; Aug 20, 2018 at 07:00 PM.
Aug 21, 2018, 08:07 AM
Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbs1
A few years ago I found plans here for a profile F4-U Corsair. I thought when I built it I made masonite patterns but apparently not. Does anyone know where these plans are? I think its about 26 inch wingspan.

thanks
Scale-F4U-Corsair-1200-mm-with-Plans - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2348401

google "rcgroups F4U plan" if it is not that one...

Jack
Aug 21, 2018, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes
Scale-F4U-Corsair-1200-mm-with-Plans - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2348401

google "rcgroups F4U plan" if it is not that one...

Jack
Thanks I finally found it. The build was called Simple Corsair. Took a bit of time to find the thing but I got it and got the plans. I smacked er up a bit yesterday and the plans will be very handy.

Thanks for the help
Aug 24, 2018, 10:45 AM
EPP Seller and Kit Manufacture
I'm letting everyone know I now have BLACK #1.3 EPP available for sale. Sizes of 3mm up to 2 inches.
You can find it at www.windcatcherrc.com
Aug 24, 2018, 01:19 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCrash2
I'm letting everyone know I now have BLACK #1.3 EPP available for sale. Sizes of 3mm up to 2 inches.
You can find it at www.windcatcherrc.com
Does the consistency seem to be similar to the white? I found RCFoam to be much more rubbery way back when
Aug 27, 2018, 10:09 PM
EPP Seller and Kit Manufacture
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman
Does the consistency seem to be similar to the white? I found RCFoam to be much more rubbery way back when
Hi Coreman,
I do find it to be a bit different. This is the first time I've had the black EPP, so I am still trying to get used to using it. I can tell you from hot wire cutting it there is a bit more smoking due to the carbon in the foam.

I can throw a sample sheet into your next order of white foam. BTW, I have a lot more of the white 9mm now, so you can't clean me out as easily.

-Lee
Aug 28, 2018, 04:59 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCrash2
Hi Coreman,
I do find it to be a bit different. This is the first time I've had the black EPP, so I am still trying to get used to using it. I can tell you from hot wire cutting it there is a bit more smoking due to the carbon in the foam.

I can throw a sample sheet into your next order of white foam. BTW, I have a lot more of the white 9mm now, so you can't clean me out as easily.

-Lee
There will be an order for 100 sheets of 9mm coming mid-September after I get back from the neat fair
Sep 25, 2018, 07:21 PM
Just ordered 8 sheets - shipped next day so far sounds great.. I'll keep ya'll posted
Sep 26, 2018, 10:59 AM
killickb
RC Foam is closing up but they have some misc. foam sheets left at a discount.
Sep 26, 2018, 12:19 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by killickb
RC Foam is closing up but they have some misc. foam sheets left at a discount.
Yeah. Depron. Their EPP has been gone a long time as has their carbon fiber.

Quick Reply