Thread OP
Discussion

BLACKJACK 26 Brushless Catamaran RTR

I want one of these!

to remove ads between posts
Jun 21, 2007, 09:17 PM
man, i like the looks of that
Jun 21, 2007, 09:58 PM
How fast? Any Video? Reviews? Been looking for an FE that can handle tight water better than a deep V

Ed
Jun 22, 2007, 09:34 AM
looks real nice!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=3
Jun 26, 2007, 04:31 AM
That does look pretty nice, I wonder wat batteries the guy in the video is using?
Jun 26, 2007, 10:43 AM
what brushless is it?
Jun 26, 2007, 02:57 PM
lowdive, is that a video of the stock RTR EP Blackjack 26?
Jun 26, 2007, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric boats
what brushless is it?

its a A3630-1500 water-cooled Brushless. now i gotta decide wich one to get....this or the supervee 27 brushless
Jun 26, 2007, 08:44 PM
what are you running on a lake with ruf water or pond. I have a supervee and it on a lake but it flips alot on the waves.
Jun 27, 2007, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric boats
what are you running on a lake with ruf water or pond. I have a supervee and it on a lake but it flips alot on the waves.

if your asking me i will be running on a lake that is calm somtimes but its mostly ruf.
Jun 27, 2007, 10:45 AM
not sure if that's stock or not. just did a google search and came up with that vid. I'd suspect it's stock, or close to it, but i'm basing that on "Brushless blackjack 26- First time use RC BOAT" from the page that vid is on.

it looks fairly comparable in speed to the supervee 27 when watching the vid but who's to say until someone can actually get one of the blackjacks and tell us

if you've got choppy water more often than not you'll want the blackjack. supervee is quite squirrelly and is easy to flip/roll onto its back. catamaran hulls are much harder to do this to.
Nov 29, 2007, 05:42 PM

Student Project w/ Blackjack

Hey all,

I don't know if I'm asking the right group but I am currently working on a senior design project at the University of Arizona. Our tasks is to design a boat that runs autonomously and can detect certain objects and deviate its path as it travels to the waypoint. I guess I don't need to go into detail about what we need to detect. I am just looking for knowledge on how to interface everything we are going to need to put in this boat. We would like to use the Blackjack as our vehicle and it seems that there is plenty of room for interfacing in the Blackjack.

From what we have gathered we are going to need some kind of processing unit, an autopilot or INS, as well as some kind of power distribution unit to supply each of these interfaces, not to mention our detection system for which we will either use some sort of laser rangefinder or ultra-sonic rangefinder. Is there anyone out there who is familiar with projects like these who wouldn't mind giving me some advice on how to approach this?

Thanks,
Justin Coleman
Nov 29, 2007, 09:52 PM
NeverAgainVolunteerYourse lf
I think while the Blackjack may have the cool factor for your project its not really the right boat , whilst it may have the volume it wont have the displacement for the extra gear you want to fit. Stick with a displacement boat like a Springer tug or Vac-U-Tug. More volume, more displacement and easier to control as the speed is lower (has the side benefit of reducing cost in processing requirements), You may also get a better response from the dock talk forum, there are a number of threads on research/scientific project vessels.
Sounds like a very interesting project, some of the robotics forums will be able to help you with sensors etc.
Regards
Nick
Dec 03, 2007, 11:32 PM
to anser the quetion of how it comes.

It is stock brushless and it looks real cool inside with the water jacket(not tubes) and the ESC is water cooled to.
needs battery and charger thou, so it realy is not RTR ,imho

Mark Giles
seen it held it did not run it
Dec 05, 2007, 09:29 PM
Check out the Samurai from Mini Cat Racing.

http://minicatracingusa.com/SAMURAI.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by no stick
How fast? Any Video? Reviews? Been looking for an FE that can handle tight water better than a deep V

Ed

Quick Reply