Feb 13, 2012, 10:55 AM
Fill'er Up!
Yeah, looks really good.

I was flying 2 weeks ago, went out at dusk and was messing round. I tried to see how close to the ground I could get inverted. Caught the ground and smacked the top wing into the ground. Little foam surface damage, but no cracks. Broke the shaft on the motor though, been trying to find time to fix that.

Happy flying.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2012, 11:02 AM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
My top wing is taped on now after kissing the ground inverted a while back. She still flies great, though.

Wolfe
Feb 13, 2012, 11:08 AM
I really like this Elapor foam. My Fun Cub has been flipped, rolled and blown off the starting table and still looks like new.

Foam in ParkZone planes isn't nearly as durable. Note: I like ParkZone and their planes, just making a comparison.
Feb 15, 2012, 12:08 AM
Fighting Gravity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody_99
The wire tie in the battery compartment is just a little insurance against wires bouncing up and toward the motor. I put the battery in, connector end first and up against the right hand wall.
Anyway, just wanted to share.
Nice landing gear mod and upgrades Woody

To prevent my wires touching the motor, I have since first built had a thin piece of plastic across end of battery bay. Held on with a dab of thick CA.
Feb 15, 2012, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie9496
Nice landing gear mod and upgrades Woody

To prevent my wires touching the motor, I have since first built had a thin piece of plastic across end of battery bay. Held on with a dab of thick CA.
I was afraid that the fuse would flex and the plastic piece might come loose. Looks like it actually works fine. Thanks for that idea.
Feb 15, 2012, 06:34 PM
Fighting Gravity
Quote:
I was afraid that the fuse would flex and the plastic piece might come loose. Looks like it actually works fine. Thanks for that idea.
The plastic is thin and quite flexible(product packaging plastic) so maybe that takes up any fuselage flex? Cut exactly to the required width then a couple drops of thick CA. Hasn't moved at all!
Feb 15, 2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie9496
The plastic is thin and quite flexible(product packaging plastic) so maybe that takes up any fuselage flex? Cut exactly to the required width then a couple drops of thick CA. Hasn't moved at all!
Flexible product packaging, I understand now. Might have to revisit that part of my setup. Thanks!
Mar 06, 2012, 08:09 AM
Finally had a chance to do a couple more flights on the Gemini. (# 3,4 and 5 to be exact)

I had added more elevator throw than specs after my first outing, and it felt much better this time.
Working on Aileron expo. Stock was a bit too twitchy, but I over compensated with too much expo and felt mushy. Fine tuning that.

More wind than I thought, but flying handled it fine.
Had an issue on landing on tarmac in the wind. Taxing after landing and went to turn to come back and the wind blew the plane upside down! Since the motor was running, took the tips off the blade, but no other damage. Love this Elapor! If I were a better pilot, I would have done something different when taxing, like leave it there and go pick it up. Oh well, live and learn.

Just sharing flight experience and trying to wake up the Gemini flyers!
Mar 06, 2012, 09:02 AM
How close are those trees?
Quote:
Finally had a chance to do a couple more flights on the Gemini. (# 3,4 and 5 to be exact)

I had added more elevator throw than specs after my first outing, and it felt much better this time.
Working on Aileron expo. Stock was a bit too twitchy, but I over compensated with too much expo and felt mushy. Fine tuning that.

More wind than I thought, but flying handled it fine.
Had an issue on landing on tarmac in the wind. Taxing after landing and went to turn to come back and the wind blew the plane upside down! Since the motor was running, took the tips off the blade, but no other damage. Love this Elapor! If I were a better pilot, I would have done something different when taxing, like leave it there and go pick it up. Oh well, live and learn.

Just sharing flight experience and trying to wake up the Gemini flyers!
Nice work.

I'm still flying mine at least once every couple of weeks.

Its such predictable and stable airframe but I still tend to flip it over every few landings (I blame the soft undercarriage).

Still one of my favourites!!!!
Mar 08, 2012, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Far too quiet here in the Gemini thread, and too cold outside to fly here, so I thought I would post a couple of pictures of my build.
Nothing too unique (other than my odd sense of humor) about it. Modded the LG, rubber tires and a plastic spinner.
The wire tie in the battery compartment is just a little insurance against wires bouncing up and toward the motor. I put the battery in, connector end first and up against the right hand wall.
Anyway, just wanted to share.
I really like the blue spinner - what size is it & who makes it?
Mar 08, 2012, 10:56 AM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
I am still flying mine some - been warm here in Florida, but windy most days. Not flying as much as I would like.

Wolfe
Mar 08, 2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seojeff
I really like the blue spinner - what size is it & who makes it?
Looks like the one I have on mine. 2-1/2" Dubro.
Mar 08, 2012, 02:07 PM
yep, 2 1/2 " Dubro spinner. Many color choices available too.
Last edited by Woody_99; Mar 08, 2012 at 05:23 PM.
Mar 08, 2012, 08:09 PM
"Spark Chaser"

Just finished my 2nd Gemini up

2 lbs AUW. ~300 W. power system.
Mar 08, 2012, 08:19 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
Looks good

Wolfe

Quick Reply