Sep 10, 2007, 04:34 PM
If it flys I can crash it!!!
Rcminh,
The Eflight 400 will have heaps of power(should be able to go vertical with out a problem) I'm only using a HXT 24g 1300kv on 3s (approx. 400g thrust) and it flies pretty good.
https://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITED...idProduct=2069
Make sure you get some video on you're maiden.

Happy flying, regards Paul.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2007, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcminh
Here are some pictures of my EPP Eagle wing. I painted it with Sharpies.
That is amazing! Killer work.
Sep 10, 2007, 09:39 PM
Hi Paul,
Thank you for sharing info of your brushless motor with me.
Rcminh

Hi Joe 1320,
Thank you from your nice compliments.
Rcminh
Sep 10, 2007, 10:07 PM
Planes, Guitars and Cigars
This looks like my next plane. I would imagine it gets harrassed by smaller birds, crows, etc. That wing shape is gonna set off the threat alarm for sure. Anyone have any issues with this? I saw in one of the vids a few birds making some dives at it.

Shipping isn't that bad. I just tried to order a parkzone spit and the site wanted $36.00 to ship. I'll take the eagle first. Need to find an artist to paint it up right though.
Sep 12, 2007, 08:14 AM
G'day all,
Finally managed to work out my Sony Vegas editing program(just enough to put a basic clip together anyway), In the first flight I had way too much up elevator trim set and it continuously porposed with power on, I landed thinking it was out of balance but found it was only excess trim and as you can see in the second flight these birds fly beautifully, and boy do the draw in the feathered friends from everywhere! I flew this morning and it was a clear still morning, not a cloud(or bird) in the sky... till I launched my eagle. Within 5 min. i had 12-13 hawks in a thermal spiral all around my plane!! looked brilliant.

Cheers, Paul.
EPP Eagle (5 min 38 sec)
Sep 12, 2007, 09:05 AM
LKC
LKC
must have been a glitch !
nice work... great video.. !
Sep 12, 2007, 11:27 AM
Hi Paul,

It's a super video clip. Your EPP Eagle flew like a charm. I love it ! ! ! !
I want to see more video clips like that. How do you mount your camera on top of the bird like that?

I still didn't finish to build my fuselage yet.

Rcminh
Sep 12, 2007, 04:49 PM
Always An Old F-4 Crewchief
Paul,
Fantastic video. Still trying to talk myself into getting one. The shipping costs are holding me back. The video and flight report are nudging me toward the "add to cart" button though. What size esc are you using? I have the same motor and battery size available to use.
Rick
Latest blog entry: The first F-4 I crewed.
Sep 12, 2007, 05:29 PM
Well I broke down and got one. It arrived today.
It looks like it will go together pretty easy. It's a good thing since the
instructions stink.

I think I will put it together tonight and see how long it takes.

I really liked scatcat's video. Can't wait to fly it.

Tim
Sep 12, 2007, 05:36 PM
By the way scatcat,
I was going to put an eflite 370 outrunner in this but I can't believe how well
that little 24 gram blue wonder flies it.
Are you happy with the power of that or would you go a little larger if you had it to do again.

I have a half dozen of those little 24 gram motors. I may use one of them instead of the 370.

Tim
Sep 12, 2007, 08:47 PM
G'day everyone,
Thanks for kind words,Rcminh- The EDVR pen cam is simply strapped to an icepole stick with an elastic band then slid between the wing and fuselage, you can place them anywere you like and bend the icepole sticks over steam to view down/up/sideways e.t.c.!
Tim- The 24g motor is plenty, and the lighter you can keep it the better it will glide/soar. It does require some weight at the nose to balance properly but I would rather use a larger battery for longer flight time than a heavier motor which will inevitably consume more power!
Rick- don't hesitate, grab one you'll love it.

Happy flying all, regards Paul.
Sep 13, 2007, 05:15 AM
Hello Paul,

How did you setup your V-tail on the eagle? For instance, if we're looking from the rear of the eagle and I want to turn left, I will see the left elevon is down and the right elevon is up. Am I correct?

Thanks,

Rcminh
Sep 13, 2007, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcminh
Hello Paul,

How did you setup your V-tail on the eagle? For instance, if we're looking from the rear of the eagle and I want to turn left, I will see the left elevon is down and the right elevon is up. Am I correct?

Thanks,

Rcminh
Hi Rcminh,

No, a V-tail is the opposite of what you would expect an aileron to be.
If you are looking at the tail and want to turn left, the right side
elevator should be up and the left side down.

Tim
Sep 13, 2007, 06:38 AM
Yeh Tim right, I found out the hard way!! Having only flown Combat Wings (on 'v' tail mix) set it up the same.. (real)Maiden was very short!! Quick servo wire reversal and away we went!! Its amazing how you're brain knows quickly that surfaces are reversed but no way could I make myself move the stick the opposite way than normal, hence Nosed in..DOH!
All cool now.. another hard lesson learned.

cheers. Paul.
Sep 13, 2007, 08:07 AM
A convocation or aerie of eagles

The picture is from the eflypower site.

I have white one coming. Unfortunately, they don't sell painted ones.

RCminh's wins on artwork. How long did it take?
Last edited by deadduck; Sep 13, 2007 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Clarification of source of picture

Quick Reply