Jun 16, 2007, 10:16 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

"The Flops Alot" or "the plane you can build in ten minutes"

A plane that takes about 10 minutes to build( this is not counting programming your radio, soldering connections ect.)

If there is any interest in making one yourself, I can post a video of me building one if you all can put up with my ugly mug for 10 minutes.
Video will show No plans are needed in this type of build.

No this is not a new type of plane just a interesting build process and a great flyer.
Bugsplatter made a ips powered version also.

Flopsalot (5 min 34 sec)

Build video http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...54368323&hl=en
Last edited by LOGICAL_PSYCHO; Jun 17, 2007 at 11:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2007, 11:06 PM
My plans are in my blog
Looks cool, dude. Are you using only elevons? Or does it have rudder added? My radio has elevon mixing, and is only a three channel. Please post plans, cg, etc. Very interesting.
Jun 16, 2007, 11:18 PM
Make 'n Break!!
Neato! Looks like it flies real nice
Jun 16, 2007, 11:29 PM
Good glue is evil
looks cool but a simple drawing is all we need thanks
Jun 16, 2007, 11:44 PM
HappySpringPerson
Gold guy built the same one.

I beleive that is the one gpw was gettin all angry about.
Jun 17, 2007, 12:14 AM
Thread OP
I would like to see that thread, I did a search and can't find it.

I can't see GPW getting mad as this type plane has been around forever in different disguises(pizza box flyer, ufo, ladybug, ifo, bugz and on and on).

This is not a new plane or design. The only thing different is this one is epp(as I am sure others have been) and the ease of the build. It is basically a foolproof build that takes no more the ten minutes, I timed myself at 9 mins. and some change.

Not trying to reinvent the wheel here just show some new(at least to me) building techniques.
Jun 17, 2007, 12:18 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty-Gunn
Looks cool, dude. Are you using only elevons? Or does it have rudder added? My radio has elevon mixing, and is only a three channel. Please post plans, cg, etc. Very interesting.

I built it first with no rudder but added it later. Bugsplatter built an ips powered one and it has no rudder. Flies good with no rudder but you can do more "stunt" flying with one.
Jun 17, 2007, 01:18 AM
Great! Nothing new as you say, but always good to be "reminded" of these simple planes. Simple packs more fun per buck, at least for me.. And as you point out - Quick built, I would say about 1 1/2 hour ALL complete....for me (or maybe less).

Thanks for sharing,

Kim
Jun 17, 2007, 02:07 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Logical.Everybody loves "simple".
I dont think gpw would claim to have invented the LAR flyer. The plane seem to have quite a lot of load induced dihedral No CF or bamboo spar I guess.

The plane that gets gpw hopping up and down is the Drenalyn......Grrrrrrr
Last edited by dekan; Jun 17, 2007 at 10:41 AM. Reason: spelling
Jun 17, 2007, 05:53 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Hey , I LIKE IT!!!!!!!! ....and I don't claim to have invented anything ...All been done long ago... just not in FFF
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Jun 17, 2007, 08:28 AM
Winging it Ò>
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGICAL_PSYCHO
I would like to see that thread, I did a search and can't find it.

I can't see GPW getting mad as this type plane has been around forever in different disguises(pizza box flyer, ufo, ladybug, ifo, bugz and on and on).

This is not a new plane or design. The only thing different is this one is epp(as I am sure others have been) and the ease of the build. It is basically a foolproof build that takes no more the ten minutes, I timed myself at 9 mins. and some change.

Not trying to reinvent the wheel here just show some new(at least to me) building techniques.
I think I have to build one of these...great backyard flyer!

Some details would be really helpful and greatly appreciated:

Span?
Length?
Elevon width and travel?
Reinforcements and placement?
Auw and cg?
Power train?
new bulding techniques used?

Thanks!
Dan
Last edited by leadfeather; Jun 17, 2007 at 08:37 AM.
Jun 17, 2007, 12:32 PM
I say post away. Not everyone on here is a hardcore builder, so it will help someone.
Jun 17, 2007, 01:15 PM
Thread OP
Ok, later today I will do a video of a build. It is much easier to show it than to try to explain it.
Jun 17, 2007, 01:22 PM
Check my blog-updated
I was there the day Logical took the plane up for the maiden. It didn't look like much to me but I was surprised to see how well it flew, even in the higher winds.
Flies nice and slow also- I don't think the video does it justice.
Jun 17, 2007, 07:37 PM
Wind, Osprey and Rivers, Oh My
Finally! Someone who knows how to edit videos!

Nice work, looks like a lot of fun...
I think one of these is gonna be my next project, after I finish spading out my superstar.

Quick Reply