Nov 03, 2002, 05:50 PM
Thread OP

Mud, Wind, Cold, Wet and all we got was ...

A really GREAT Trophy, misc small items, 2 gallons of fuel (yep, the slimer stuff), a runny nose and a really good time.
Elf Louise is a really big local chairty around San Antonio, Texas.
The Prop Busters have hosted a fund raising fun fly for 12 years.
Last year was my JK Aerotech Big-T (special order 8ft wing) debut. This year he was back with a Model AirTech combo drive system and showed - Electrics can too be Big Birds! And do it up right in the process.

We were rained out on Saturday but a bunch of diehards showed up Sunday, until the rain came back. Had 13 registered pilots (last years was 40 some).

Check out the trophy - all 5 were donated by a local car dealer.

"BP" (Better Pilot) and I got in one really good flight than wind got a bit nasty and later it rained. Big-T was tooling around great a 50% throttle for a long time (12x3000NiMh zapped Sanyo - after recharging discovered he landed with over 800mAh left). Big-T just did not want to come down. We were cautioned about the low celing and discovered what they meant the hard way. Poof! "Hey! Where'd he go? Heck.. Dive! Dive!.. Ok, there he is". It was great, even the landing in the grass (cross wind made the runway 40ft long and 700ft wide). Of course, they all kidded "Crash" about "replace your divots!" Big-T nosed over and scooped up some grass and mud. No damage.

Does 15% make good barbecue starter fluid?
Will donate to the next club meeting raffle. Won't be the first time.

Want to do it again (less rain, mud and cold please).
Bernard "Crash" Siegel
Jeremy "BP"Siegel
San Antonio Prop Busters
Central TXeas, USA
(where it's a miserably 60 something, windy and wet! I hate winter!)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2002, 05:52 PM
Thread OP
P.S. that's th upper wing panel of a JSF - bluecor Super Cutlass version - behind the trophy.
Nov 03, 2002, 07:07 PM
Nice trophy!!! Congrats! The Big "T" strikes again!
Don
Nov 04, 2002, 11:15 AM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Keeps us Texans posted on any upcoming events. Any e-events in your neck of the woods? Its not a bad drive down there from Dallas. I can bring my tiny LT-25.

Kelvin
Nov 04, 2002, 12:19 PM
(where it's a miserably 60 something, windy and wet! I hate winter!)

Sounds like a typical spring day here.

Quick Reply