Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jun 15, 2007, 11:59 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
darthdrk's Avatar
New Product

AH-1 1:18 scale Cobra


This one been a long time comming but Im closing in on getting it done. So far its been sorta a pain to mould. Heres my first prototype done. Still need to mould a few more parts and pieces. The fuselage right now is at 106 grams. Some has used the BBI static display model on a T-rex. This really seems to be more along the line for a AXE Cp or Honeybee King V2 or even a shogun size heli (400). Next on the agenda is the Sikorsky S-76 as promised since last year which I started on but shelved it. The mould is about 60% done.
Oh yeah, The Skycrane is also on the list also. And I have another that I will leave as a surprise
Last edited by darthdrk; Jun 16, 2007 at 12:08 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 16, 2007, 03:45 AM
Your user title is suggestive,
Xptical's Avatar
Can I still do 3d on my TREX 450 with these bodies? Or are they too heavy?
Jun 16, 2007, 03:15 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
darthdrk's Avatar

breaking out an old talent I use to exercise


Im going to do a custom pain scheme on m AH-1 Cobra Im calling it my "venom" paint scheme. It will be hand painted and clearcoated after its done. But, heres some pics of what I started on.
Jun 16, 2007, 07:47 PM
2 MANY TOYS :-)
Hoverup's Avatar
Very vicious looking Ed. Thanks for sharing.
Jun 16, 2007, 10:44 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
darthdrk's Avatar
Got some painting done
Jun 17, 2007, 07:25 AM
jah
jah
BALD MEMBER
jah's Avatar
Looks great!
Jun 17, 2007, 09:19 AM
2 MANY TOYS :-)
Hoverup's Avatar
If the Marine and Army chopper pilots see this there will be some late night painting going on down on the ramp. Very cool Ed. Run the snake tail up the fin and paint some rattlers at the end.
Jun 17, 2007, 09:52 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
darthdrk's Avatar
Just a couple more. It now weighs 136 grams
To be honest, I did think about rattles but then I thought to myself, Cobras dont have rattles.
Jun 17, 2007, 09:54 AM
jah
jah
BALD MEMBER
jah's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverup
If the Marine and Army chopper pilots see this there will be some late night painting going on down on the ramp.
I met a Marine who had camoflaged his 50cal, on the muzzle brake he had sprayed thur a net, so it had a scale pattern like a snake. Looked bad a**, wish I had a pic. Might be a easy technique to paint the rattles.

Looks good Darthdrk!

I just got a Trex600 kit, I eventually plan on a fuselage for it, you see any demand for the bigger fuselages?
Jun 17, 2007, 10:03 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
darthdrk's Avatar
I get alot of requests for larger fuselages. I will look into it but making a plug is alot of work. I must first get a T-rex 600 inorder to make a fuselage to properly fit it.
Jun 17, 2007, 03:40 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
darthdrk's Avatar
Fitting the fuselage on an AXE Cp.
I have made a platform for the chassis to sit on inside the fuselage. Also the landing gear is mounted to the bottom of the platform. The platform is made from some styrofoam with 1/16 plywood on the top and bottom. I cut my block a little to short so I had to make some runners for the landing gear to mount to the bottom. all thats left is mounting the tail rotor which I will have to extend the wires about 5 inches.
Aug 26, 2007, 06:25 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
darthdrk's Avatar
It Flies, Im using the King2 chassis cause Im waiting on part for AXE CP
Aug 26, 2007, 08:33 PM
Yelling makes talking fun
Chinookmark's Avatar
Darth, how did you do the elevated tail on the King 2?
Aug 26, 2007, 08:50 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
darthdrk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinookmark
Darth, how did you do the elevated tail on the King 2?
Im using an AXE CP tailmotor/rotor and mount. I removed the HBKing2 tailboom/belt and tailrotor.
Sep 08, 2008, 08:48 AM
latinflyer
latinflyer's Avatar

Super cobra fuselage for TREX instructions pictures


Quote:
Originally Posted by darthdrk
This one been a long time comming but Im closing in on getting it done. So far its been sorta a pain to mould. Heres my first prototype done. Still need to mould a few more parts and pieces. The fuselage right now is at 106 grams. Some has used the BBI static display model on a T-rex. This really seems to be more along the line for a AXE Cp or Honeybee King V2 or even a shogun size heli (400). Next on the agenda is the Sikorsky S-76 as promised since last year which I started on but shelved it. The mould is about 60% done.
Oh yeah, The Skycrane is also on the list also. And I have another that I will leave as a surprise
Hello Darth,
I have your Super cobra kit for the TREX, It is the best kit I seen in details, I already build and paint camo. I only have one concern, there is none or little instructions included on how to install the heli on the fuselage, I really want to show off this beatiful heli when done If I get the instructions from you with pictures I can get it done today

Latinflyer.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion TRex450 - 1:18 scale AH-64A Apache Super_Hornet Mini Helis 4 May 20, 2007 07:23 PM
EBAY: (3) Custom-painted bodies for RS4-Micro or other 1/18-scale cars. RCXpress Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 0 Dec 07, 2002 03:33 PM
1/18 scale diecast muscle machines slopefreak Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 3 Sep 24, 2002 04:01 PM