Jun 15, 2007, 07:33 PM
New Product

Helimax Axe CP Belt Mod

Just finished A belt mod for the Helimax Axe.

The frame will need modification to fit the belt pulley, but no problem with the Dremel. (if you don't have one, it's best investment you can make on a tool).

Boom size is the same as stock, also the length is very close. I am using my 250mm blades and the fit perfectly.

Tail size suits this helicopter well and so far tests are very promising.

Waiting on replacement head and shafts to finish testing and supply amp draw and flight time data etc.

I am using the stock radio, original battery (yuck) and RX. Will need a neww speedy, gyro and tail servo.

I'll do step by step build and instructions soon.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2007, 07:45 PM
Trial&Error - Repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosella

The frame will need modification to fit the belt pulley, but no problem with the Dremel. (if you don't have one, it's best investment you can make on a tool).

Boom size is the same as stock, also the length is very close. I am using my 250mm blades and the fit perfectly.

Tail size suits this helicopter well and so far tests are very promising.

Waiting on replacement head and shafts to finish testing and supply amp draw and flight time data etc.

I am using the stock radio, original battery (yuck) and RX. Will need a neww speedy, gyro and tail servo.

I'll do step by step build and instructions soon.

Yeah baby my frankenaxe needs this mod bad, so I can resurrect it back to the air again.
Jun 15, 2007, 07:53 PM
FPV Noobie
I'm pretty excited about this myself,
Jun 15, 2007, 07:57 PM
CX/CX2+CPPRO=CPP amateur
The only axe I have is in the wood pile,but it looks top shelf to me!! Well done "again"!!!
Jun 15, 2007, 08:07 PM
Don't Panic
Very Nice!

I want one!
Jun 15, 2007, 08:59 PM
Ted M
Sorry to be so noobish but what is the advantage of this? I can see you lose a tail motor but gain an extra servo.
Jun 15, 2007, 09:18 PM

Advantages list...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf_Sr
Sorry to be so noobish but what is the advantage of this? I can see you lose a tail motor but gain an extra servo.
1.) stock tail motor cost $25.00. They do have a problem with not having a long
life span. It may just be small motor = small brushes = short life time.
A good belt properly adjusted can last six months depending on how
aggressive you fly. (as opposed to stories of motors lasting one month!)
2.) as you fly, towards the end of the flight you will have to keep adjusting your
tail more because it seems the diminished battery power = diminished tail
motor power so it is not going to have the same effect it had at the
beginning of the flight.
3.) fixing something that wasn't broken to begin with is what we do best!
tinkerability is the second best thing about the heli's...
4.) bragging rights.
Jun 15, 2007, 09:22 PM

Autorotation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosella

Nice job! Does the main gear setup allow autorotation?

Steve
Jun 15, 2007, 09:53 PM
now see , i knew that was gonna come soon. Great wrk. I would trade my Honeybee king v2 for that anyday..
great wrk
Jun 15, 2007, 11:44 PM
That's a sweet looking mod. Can't wait to read more about it.

Jake
Jun 16, 2007, 01:02 AM
Yay!!!!!

This mod couldn't of happened at a better time, I tail tapped my heli the other day and the motor went south. It's getting power, But it sounds like a magnet or something is loose inside the motor now. $30.00 bucks is to much for a tail motor imo.

Great job, Hope all tests out well!
Last edited by Rotor13B; Jun 16, 2007 at 06:02 AM.
Jun 16, 2007, 04:51 PM
Can you get a shot of the tail end? The Axe CP is my first Heli so I'm not really catching on as to how this works with a belt and a servo.
Jun 16, 2007, 05:10 PM
Here's a shot of the tail system I use on all my mods. Trex parts are used so which makes fiding replacement parts easier.

Is there an autorotaion option? I would like to see one to ensure the pulley fits.
Jun 16, 2007, 05:32 PM
Now Im happy
Jun 17, 2007, 05:28 AM
Trial&Error - Repeat
Explain in a little more detail about the attachment of the belt idler pulleys, such as part # and or any special mods that were needed. Also what is the belt from?