some photos (gallery test) - RC Groups
Nov 03, 2002, 12:04 PM

some photos (gallery test)

Greetings,

Just thought I'd share some of my better pics from the weekend. They were taken with an Aiptek mini pencam 1.3 from a scratch-built speed400 plane. Comments welcome..

..edit..

please see my gallery for current photos

I also put an in-flight video here. It is a takeoff and landing on the snow (3.6Mb).

Cheers,
Steve
Last edited by corosplat; Nov 15, 2002 at 01:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2002, 12:49 PM
Hey Steve
Nice pictures. Have you ever tried slope soaring off the walls there? Judgeing by the looks of the height I bet it wouldn't be a problem.
Ed Mc
Nov 03, 2002, 01:23 PM
I've never tried slope soaring there, but I want to sometime. The neat thing is that gravel pit is like a big bowl, so there should be a useable slope no matter which direction the wind is coming from.

Cheers,
Nov 03, 2002, 01:46 PM
Nicely done, and thanks for using the gallery. Why didn't you wave?
Nice username, too!
..a
Nov 03, 2002, 01:50 PM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
Hey the Vid is GREAT!. I had to save the picture of the Tracks and snow to my HD. What plane are you using? I noticed No interference of anykind on the video.

Thanks for posting
Kirby
Nov 03, 2002, 02:35 PM
WOW!, that is the best pencam video I have seen to date. Great pictures too. Did you have the camera set to high or low resolution for the video?
Nov 03, 2002, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy W
Why didn't you wave?
..busy with my finger on the remote shutter

thanks for the comments. My first few pics didn't turn out that great, but I found it helps a lot with full sunlight to get a faster exposure.

kepople: this is the plane I built. I thought it would be a bit lame with speed400 direct drive, but it actually will take off from the snow.. without landing gear. go figure. No problems with interference.

Taco: I was really impressed with the quality of the video from the pencam. So much that I have to re-think my remote trigger setup that currently powers the camera off the BEC. I'll have to rig up a battery backup for the video memory. The one I linked to above was taken at low resolution and then just compressed at 75%.

This video was taken at full resolution and then resized.

Cheers,
Last edited by corosplat; Nov 03, 2002 at 03:24 PM.
Nov 04, 2002, 12:51 AM
Leave me alone!
Very cool video! That's a great aerial tour of your flying site, and I agree that it would be prime for sloping - specifically slope combat

Martin