Corsair nut /Air Sally Depron F-4D Sky Ray 33" now w/JS1400 - RC Groups
Jun 14, 2007, 03:19 PM
deltas are cool
Discussion

Corsair nut /Air Sally Depron F-4D Sky Ray 33" now w/JS1400

OK by now most of you know i lost my 32" depron Ray to a mid air with mr sky ray C/N so i started a new one and this well be the build log. i hope to get this drawn up by hand or what ever and at least be able to make plans available....hopefully so heres the start ...im hopeing to build this one lighter as i tore the frist one down to see where i can get by with less glue /structure. since no amount of glue is going to hold it together when a mid air or earth takes you out. this build requires that you have some scratch building exp. this is also a built up wing and retracts and at lest a 70mm fan.i hope this does'nt stop any one from buying C/N 6mm fly R/C kits(ready to ship on the 19th of june.) that one is lighter, smaller (28") and a lot easier to build and will use the LSJS motor and most likely a alpha 5 blade fan. (maybe retracts ) Rodger..Ps picture #7 shows the wing root pinned to the upper fuse side for bonding ,make sure it fit flush to the air foil shape a bit of sanding and fitting is required ...thats scratch building for you.
Last edited by AIR SALLY; Jun 30, 2009 at 07:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2007, 06:31 PM
AIR SALLY,
Good luck on the build. Really sucks to loss such a nice flyer, but this one will be even better.

Cheers--Stacker
Jun 14, 2007, 11:57 PM
deltas are cool
yea i know it will be better ...it's one of those planes that i just can't be with out...i could have finished my panther but the F-4D is so good that i need another one ..hope to build it 3-4 oz lighter also ..your B-58 really has nice lines,you did a great job getting the shape scale.
Jun 15, 2007, 11:27 AM
AIR SALLY,
The F4D and the Panther will look great together!

Keep posting progress -- Stacker
Jun 18, 2007, 04:30 PM
diligentia vis celeritas
looking good...who's your source for the depron?...
Jun 18, 2007, 05:32 PM
deltas are cool

gun

Depron USA is who we use i believe...just do a serch for Depron foam on the internet ...try to order mostly 3mm a few 6mm and 1 or 2 2mm they sell them in bunches...and i think you have to order a certin amount ...comes in a box in a few day at your door step.
Jun 18, 2007, 05:42 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Looking good Roger! I'll bet the thing from the first one will make this one even better I shouls have flown #1 while I had the chance!
Jun 18, 2007, 05:48 PM
deltas are cool
Bob we'll get you some stick time on this one then you might wind a big fat outrunner so it will have more power
Jun 18, 2007, 10:01 PM
That thing's operational!
Whoa, sweet Rodger! Nice to see you getting right back on the horse, so to speak. The Ray is such a nice looking plane. Looking forward to the progress, looks like you've already made a lot!

Matt
Jun 19, 2007, 10:39 PM
Burner!!
Very nice! Glad to see a new one going together so soon. You seem to build very accurately and at a very fast clip too. I see where CN got it from. I'm still building my first ( at a glacial pace) so you have already given me some improvements for it. Can't wait to see how you do the ducting... that's the part I'm struggling with now.

Thanks for sharing!.. again
Jun 19, 2007, 11:47 PM
EDF rules... :)
Nice work Roger...

Eric B.
Jun 20, 2007, 12:50 AM
deltas are cool
Plane & X thanks for the kind words ..."plane " i'll start the ducting in a day or two ...what size are you building? the inlet are'nt that hard it just takes a lot of fitting and cking and sanding....there are some pics in the C/N sky ray (micro fan version ) by sal C starting on @ pg 21 or 22 of that thread they go for a few pgs . i have some templates that i could mail to you ...if you are doing a 32" ray with a 70 mm fan. Rodger PS i sheeted the wings today using the new Gorilla Glue fast cure dries white glue and it worked really well and was cured in a little less than a hour.
Last edited by AIR SALLY; Jun 20, 2007 at 07:57 PM.
Jun 20, 2007, 11:16 AM
Roger,
It's looking great! Man, I also want to see that Panther too though.

Cheers--Stacker