This thread is privately moderated by magic612, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 06, 2007, 08:46 PM
I hate all you guys!!!! I tried to learn how to fly twenty years ago with the help of an instructor on his schedule. What a pain in the butt... Had to drive twenty miles to the field, glow plugs, fuel, balsa wood planes. Three months to build each plane, monocoat covering, slow drying glue. Did I mention what a pain! Two planes destroyed in a short time. Gave up.. About six months ago a buddy told me about blucor and rcgroups. Since that time I have built ten planes from blucar and have taught myself how to fly!!! I read and learn new things here everyday, I'm hooked.. Thanks to all of you for your help! A big thank you to Gene Bond, that p51 is awesome!!!!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2007, 03:09 PM
Scratch Building Lives

Foamies (Scratchbuilt) is my favorite forum.

Hey, my kudos go out to all of you. I have to single out Tony65x55, because I think his two threads- the BluBaby and the SE5a are incredible for there simplicity, ease of construction, flight characteristics (pretty important) and the participation of all the members who post. You guys are fantastic! Great videos, great build pictures, and great comments and recommendations. I am building the SE5a right now as a result. My hat goes off to all of you. I have been mostly lurking, but this deserved a mention from me. Thanks guys, Bob.
Jul 07, 2007, 09:41 PM
Airframe Stress Tester
For myself, I think it best to simply thank ALL the guys who have posted builds, plans, and suggestions to others for building tips and methods.

I lurk and read FAR more than I post, and seeing how you guys do things has saved me quite a lot of misery in the time I've been here.

Thanks guys, for the help (and patience!) shown in your dealings with "The Crisis of The Moment" .

BTW, if we took up a collection to cover his bills, could we keep JETSET44 chained to a drawing board to keep him cranking out his amazing designs??

Iain
Jul 10, 2007, 05:39 PM
Thank you WATERDOG great build manual easy to follow for the STC My very first plane and it fly's great. Fun to build and great fun to fly. Great intro to the hobby
Jul 16, 2007, 08:15 PM
Aim to Misbehave
O.K. I'll bite.Kudos to Gene Bond,GPW,Jerbear and Ewo, Gene you showed me not only how to build a successful plane but also how to design my own.RCGroups and this forum are the biggest reason I love this hobby(obsession?) if you build it it will fly,
Bobnormal
Jul 16, 2007, 09:57 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
oh it's so 2007 to have a nice big hug with each other.
...but to make it a sticky?

There's a term that I think applies to this thread, but I'm a little wary of being beaten up by the angry mod points
Jul 18, 2007, 10:42 AM
Bub from that outer site

all my bubs out there!!!

Thanks to you guys an gals are the most talented & inovative bunch of modelers, 40years of 0.49's- 40's an 10years electric and learn but something every time I log on! thanks for all the help & advice though the last few years, as always, ya'll's, bub, scoooper
Jul 30, 2007, 03:41 AM
flyin' fool
Thanks to all those previously mentioned innovators of electric, but, don't forget Dave McDonald. He's the father of the Pizza Box Flyer and a pioneer of flatties.
Aug 01, 2007, 01:33 AM
I truly appreciate you all. This place is the encyclopedia of foamie scratch build. With all the new ideas share for more growth in new technical development, I find them as inspiration when I'm troubled and usually the answers are simple.

In some cases we are just scratching the surface.

P2-betterfly ~v~
Aug 01, 2007, 12:35 PM
Hello.
I build the yak 54 plans from Gene Bond.
It`s my first shocky and it fly`s great .
I`m verry glad with this forum .
There`s so mutch information on it .
I started building etwans i have printed the plans.
Sorry for my spelling .I`m not from here.[QUOTE]
Last edited by dutch Alex; Aug 01, 2007 at 12:44 PM.
Aug 04, 2007, 06:32 PM
Thank You Gean Bond for teaching my how to crash with dignity just kidding for all your time help and plans.
Aug 09, 2007, 02:00 PM
Out the Window
To start with I would need to thank WaterDog for the plans and great build guide for the STC. The STC is my first build, so I hope to thank many more people here on the Foamies forum after I get a chance to build some more planes. I was into RC many years ago.....I still remember cleaning all of the oil off of my balsa, silkspan, and dope aircraft. The foamies are so much more fun and the ingenuity, talent, and willing to share here is great!

I also want to thank many, many people here, especially GPW and msmith for their quick and expert answers to all of my nooby questions...there has been a bunch! This forum is much better than having a teacher as you have many teachers here.

Thanks all,
Ray
Aug 13, 2007, 09:53 AM
i want to thank everybody on this planet for making it a great place :P
Aug 18, 2007, 04:51 PM
ewo
ewo
I think i owe the most to Thatovalguy.
HE HAS TOUGHT ME MORE THEN HE WILL EVER KNOW. And i thank you friend !

I also owe a great deal to Gpw, Gene Bond ,Gerbear,Tim H, Bluecorebasher,
Guyaneeze was the first to help me.

I also owe a lot to Jam. My friend through thick and thin...........
And i Owe a lot to the folks that download my plans and make replys, good or bad !

EDIT HERE : Jerry Combs, Always there when i need him........
And thats a lot. Thank you too friend !

Thanks people

ewo
Last edited by ewo; Aug 18, 2007 at 05:11 PM. Reason: I forgot someone speciall
Aug 18, 2007, 07:46 PM
is it flying time?
I owe a lot to many of you whom have become friends to me thanks to these forums. Some of you I have had the good fortune to meet in person and others are known to me thanks to the internet.

Special thanks to TOG, EWO, Gene Bond, Gpw, Jerber, Tim H, Bluecorebasher, String, SR 71, MrFlash, Firetrappe, SPFD-E-FLYER and the many more who have helped me learn new skills. Without the help of all of you I would not be where I am today.

Jerry
Last edited by Jerry Combs; Aug 19, 2007 at 09:03 PM.

Quick Reply