This thread is privately moderated by magic612, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 20, 2007, 07:20 PM
Frequent Flyer
Thanks to those from whom I have learned the art of creating great flying planes out of Bluecor:
Dan (Hippo) (I got my start with his bluecore build guide)
GPW
ThatOvalGuy
Waterdog
And everyone who has posted their plans. I read a lot more than I build.

Brian
to remove ads between posts
Jun 21, 2007, 12:55 PM
Victoria Super Mortem

So many...

There are so many excellent contributors to the scratchbuilt foamies section, I am thankfull to the person who moderates it and to the individuals who (not long ago really) started the movement to make it it's own entity. Here's my list of folks ... that I can remember right now...who I'd love to thank for just being who they are:
Vyceroy: who has forgotten more about doing this than I know..and has become absolutely one of the best friends anyone could ever have.
Hippo: whose original cartoon scale planes allowed me the chance to build, learn to fly, build again, help others build and fly and whose sense of humor and kindness is reflected in his business and personal life..truly another of my best friends... See you in July H..
GPW... like the Stephen King of scratchbuilt foamies, both in perception and volume of work published on these threads... very prolific indeed... LOL...
EWO, GeneBond, Magic, Imopar69, Greg McNair, Jerbear, Logical, Tomgofly, Dialed Chuck, WaterDog..the Nasty rules supreme.., Boxhead..what an inspiration.., so many many more. Thanks..

Bo
Jun 22, 2007, 05:30 PM
Look outside the Square
To tell you the truth I'm Thankful to all you fella's. GPW, Gene Bond and Jerbear where the first I talked too on RCG and have never looked back. Advice and help is never to far away and its not just round the corner, its from all over the World and from all walks of life. From Rusty Gunn in Alaska to Ubildit in Alabama, Chara in Europe to Toni 65x65 and Arks and Sparks in Canada to Me-wantee in the Land of Oz there are just too many to mention BUT THANKS TO YOU ALL.

You can grab a plan from Jams Sticky, get the guts from its designer, talk with all you fella's on what works and what doesn't, cut out the plane from materials you have just been introduced to, have a laugh with FirstShirt about filming with a Melon Cam and GO OUT and HAVE A BALL.

PRICELESS

Boxhead
Jun 22, 2007, 07:39 PM
Make 'n Break!!
Wouldn't know where to start. If I named one I'd have to name em all. That'd be a cut and paste thing cause everyone here is A-ok in my book. Some stand out more than others for there wacky designs, Crazy flying, half baked, well planned, quick builds, detailed builds, whatever it's all good. For me the heart and soul of Rcgroups is right here in this forum. This forum and everyone here is what it's all about for me. Thanks to everyone here...past, present and future.
Jun 24, 2007, 03:53 PM
Kiss the Sky
Thanks to Gene Bond for his Profile P-51, Steve Schumate and Hans-Joachim for their fantastic designs- Gotrek Gotrekson (sorry if I miss spelt, you know who I mean) for his decals, John Morgan for his finishing tips and everyone else that goes into making this the best RC website, especially for scratch building foamies!!!!
Jun 26, 2007, 01:32 AM

Many thanks...

Almost too many to list. All of you who have shared in plans, advice.
The park shark, my first plane that I really got go fly and fly(and my wife to fly ).
The j250 horton my first wing to fly and crash, and cartwheel and have loads of fun with.
No I have really too many plans to ever build, but my boys are coming of flying age....
DO not know how many time doing a search and came across tidbit of needed info, or cool plans/w build I got to follow like it was all new but the thread was several years old....
Thank you gentlemen....I almost quit RC til coming across your sharing....
Jun 26, 2007, 03:14 AM
Launchpad McQuack
It's great to have a meetingplace like the RCgroups. It's just what keeps you going. If nobody cared about what you did, this hobby would be very lonesome.

I'm quite sure all the other casual plan makers also have become addicted to sharing their plans, and get great reactions from fellow modellers. Thanks for that!

Prop-er
Jun 27, 2007, 03:56 AM
The 1st person i want to thank is definitely jetset44, Steve Shumate.

And of course as i read more and more of other great designers/builders/flyers on rcgroups, i am totally AWED by the sheer talent these unselfish guys have shown here! I SALUTE you all!!!

I'm very glad to have found rcgroups couple of years ago, without it, i don't think i can be where i am today in this great hobby!

Thank You all!!! Keep those great thoughts coming! They are such a huge inspiration to us all!!!

Cheers!
Jun 27, 2007, 08:25 PM
I'd like to say thanks too ALL of the contributors in all of the forums. The banter back and forth & flow of ideas has something for everyone to learn from. I'd especially like to thank JMORGAN for his wonderful build threads. He is certainly in the MASTER BUILDER class. Also his many HOW TO threads, i.e. how to make a home made vacuuformer for canopys, and how to make nose cones and cowlings, are a great source of information. He is also very generous with his time if you happen to be building a plane from one of his build threads. He is very humble in pointing out any mistakes he made so that you won't. A class act. Thanks.
Rick
Jun 27, 2007, 08:30 PM
I make this look hard!!!!

My thanks go to Waterdog

I am slowly working on by very first scratchbuilt, an STC. I want to thank Waterdog for the considerable time and effort he took to put together the build guides that accompany his planes. They are so complete and straight forward that it was only after reading the STC build guide that I thought to myself, "Hey, I think I could actually do that".

Thanks as well to everyone here who is so patient and kind to noobs like me. I dont think I have read a condescending thread in the Scratchbuilt foamies section.
Jun 28, 2007, 12:31 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
I think Gary, SR 71 should have his place in the foamie walk of fame.
So many good ideas. I look foward to a new plane from Gary

I would like to thank all the contributers to this forum for the plans and ideas.
Jun 29, 2007, 10:41 AM
S55
S55
Thank you, Waterdog,

I built your STC last fall and still have it in one piece. It's heavier now, due to many "cosmetic" fixes of the nose. The STC helped me learn to fly. It was my first profile plane and proved to be more helpful for me than the Slow Stick.
S55
Jun 30, 2007, 09:23 PM
LOOK at it this way Gene Bonb is the sheriff in these parts thank you gene
Jul 01, 2007, 04:04 PM
Suspended Account
Thanks to all...especially Vyceroy...Gene Bond....Ewo....GPW......Waterdog...Jmorgan...Flies likeabeagle....Thatovalguy....

Great forum...great information....great teachers....too many more to list....
Jul 05, 2007, 02:53 PM

My thanks to SloperSteve

Thanks to everyone! Thank you SloperSteve! I had only learned to crash tell I made a slofly plane, than I learned to survive my crash I can fly now My first scratch build was Firetrappe & Mrflash Infineon EPP Bipe, thanks guys! Still flying ! I can't stop building IT'S GREAT!

Quick Reply