This thread is privately moderated by magic612, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 23, 2008, 01:41 PM

Many Thanks

My appreciation goes to all here who not only have come up with some wonderful designs but have also shared their plans. I have been flying helis for so long that I almost forgot my roots in this great hobby of ours...planes. Here is a picture of my first scratchbuild foamie. Build using the .pdf file provided. I made some minor mods here and there and since I could not find Krylon H2O (I'm overseas), I painted the model with sharpies. Can't wait to fly it.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 23, 2008, 10:55 PM
Onward through the fog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap
I cant believe that this man has not been thanked here

DICK KLINE....

how many of us are now using the KF airfoil....and if you are not...why not
I second that one, Dave, and thank you for your comments, suggestions and encouragement on my efforts.

I have learned a lot from the designers of planes like the Blue Baby, Nutball, So-11, Boomers and others who have shared their knowledge and given their time freely. It's people like these who helped me to solo and stopped me from quitting. We are truly a band of "Comarades".

Steve.
Dec 26, 2008, 11:00 AM
DICK KLINE.... >> quoted <<

how many of us are now using the KF airfoil....and if you are not...why not
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone direct me to a site that discusses the KF airfoil specifically .... when I search I fine many mentions of the airfoil in builds and pictures, but no real detail about the hows and ways. Many thanks .....

EDIT ... found some older discussions that answered my questions ... just happens to be some of the same guys .... just a couple years younger
Last edited by fanfoldfan; Dec 26, 2008 at 12:46 PM.
Dec 31, 2008, 11:26 PM
E-Helis, Gliders and Foamies
Wish to thank everyone here. Gene, Glen, and many more. For kF, for the 4-40 aerofoil, for the blu-fighters, for the slowstangs, and others who contributed by posting up their plans and doing painstaking build thread with elaborate photos. This has helped me to pick up scratch building foam planes. 3 years back wasting $100 on a clone rC kite that could not fly, NOW I am teaching my students on to making foam fly!!
Jan 02, 2009, 03:04 PM
can't dance..so let's fly.
Please keep the scratch built postings coming,they provide us with inspiration for the same creativity for these models,the Porter is done very nicely.
Jan 30, 2009, 01:24 PM
A real WingNut
Looks really good. Thanks to all who have posted build threads and especially Dick Kline for his effort in the development of the kf airfoil. I'm flying a kf wing right now designed by Tony 65x55 and it is a great feeling to fly a plane that lets me feel in control after only two months or so in the sport. Where did you find the plans for that A10 RC been wanting to build a warthog.
Feb 19, 2009, 04:51 AM
korni
hi,

this is the greatest forum of them all.

i woud like to say thank you for all of you guys for the plans, for the knowhow, for de pics, for the videos for your buildlogs. thanks for Tony -his designs are great. i have buid and fly with succes his 42" blu-baby, an electric glider based on his desert -hawk and now i am woking on a flying wing.

i am 29 years old and 1 year old in this great hobby ,and thank's to all of you i 'll have for all my life ideas and inspiration and plans too build and fly.

Thank you !
Mar 08, 2009, 06:16 AM
Crash and Burn
Thanks to all that has posted plans for my addiction. this build is my first shot at building a full fuse thanks Kaos2 for the Regal plans.Only have built profiles, can"t wait to fly it.
Mar 10, 2009, 07:38 AM
Zippy, Strong Like Bull!
First of all thanks to all who have contributed their designs! I would especially like to thank Dan (leadfeather) for his efforts in the scratch built arena. Dan has produced 3 quality airframes that are enjoyed by many. Thanks Dan!

Mark
Apr 13, 2009, 06:04 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
I love Depron!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who shares their plans with all of us. I have built the Nasty... cheers water dog and the Profile F-22... thanks to Kosh, Dekan and everyone else involved in this.

I hope to have something to offer back soon in the way of designs and plans.

Im looking to make plans for a DH Vampire as I haven't yet came across a decent plan of one yet... both in profile or full fuzz.

Im loving building just as much as flying ..which cant be a bad thing!
Jul 28, 2009, 01:12 AM
Burner!!
Many named here already, Glenn, Gene Steve, thatovalguy, Vintage plus a few i haven't seen yet, Harpy - this was an eye opener for me, too bad the pics are all gone now -https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353273, Charra, Rudi, clausxpf, pizza fly, Air sally, Kevin cox, jMorgan,

How could I forget GGRN, the consummate master.
Thank you all gentlemen for keeping me informed and entertained.
Last edited by PlaneCrazee; Aug 06, 2009 at 12:01 AM. Reason: spelling!!!
Aug 20, 2009, 03:20 PM
FoamyFactory.com
Wow... Just stumbled on this thread. I've been pretty much incogneto for the last 2 years. Twins, new airline, you know, life... A big thanks goes out to all the guys that have made my "foamy" passion so much fun. I remember when I got so excited when I found my first bundle of bluecore fan fold at the Lowe's in Wichita.

I've gotta say centexflyer got me started with the zagnutz. I'd built several "pizza box" flatties out of coroplast, but fan fold got me going full bore. I still have the Foamy Bobcat, the original 3DX, the MB339 and several other prototypes up in my attic. They've survived a couple of moves and will never thrown away or "recycled".

A big thanks to all who have made it so much fun!

Tim H.
Aug 21, 2009, 05:34 AM
A real WingNut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim H.
Wow... Just stumbled on this thread. I've been pretty much incogneto for the last 2 years. Twins, new airline, you know, life... A big thanks goes out to all the guys that have made my "foamy" passion so much fun. I remember when I got so excited when I found my first bundle of bluecore fan fold at the Lowe's in Wichita.

I've gotta say centexflyer got me started with the zagnutz. I'd built several "pizza box" flatties out of coroplast, but fan fold got me going full bore. I still have the Foamy Bobcat, the original 3DX, the MB339 and several other prototypes up in my attic. They've survived a couple of moves and will never thrown away or "recycled".

A big thanks to all who have made it so much fun!

Tim H.
Hey Tim
I know what you mean, you ought to get them out and drive up to Tulsa some weekend and fly with us at the Unclub. We fly here at 41st and Garnett rd. if you're ever up this way drop me an email and we'll try and hokup out there. We had 17 cars lined up last Saturday wind and all. Had several rounds of streamer combat. Just about everyone that flies out there has at least one blucor bird some more than one. I like you began my blucor building career with CenTxFlyers Zagnutz and have another 60"er on the table now. Hope to finish her next week.
Aug 27, 2009, 09:19 PM
The dude abides

thanks to all and particularly Scottflight

I would like to thank everyone who posts plans,new building methods or even answers questions. The communal spirit truly helps me learn. And though I don't build nearly everything I read about, I am entertained and amazed about the try it/can do spirit.
I would particularly like to thank Scottflight for his mods on a blucor flying wing plan he posted. I had troubles getting the hang of flying wings, but that design was both forgiving and pretty radical to fly. Depending on throws and pilot mood. That's a great combination to have in a design. I tried the 42" version and that was a little bit of a yawner. But that 32" version was fantastic. I recommend it to all.
Aug 27, 2009, 10:30 PM
I would like to say, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I really appreciate everything that evryone has done in here. I am new so this is so awesome for me, I am going to spend hours in here already thank you very much everyone, and most of all Thank you RCGroup.

Schuyler LaBrosse

Quick Reply