This thread is privately moderated by magic612, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 14, 2019, 01:53 PM
Suspended Account
@Rednas i seen a problem before you even launched. The tailplane was twisting just by the wind.

This gives a very spongey and unpredictable flight. One problem is you have a very long 'moment arm'. This is the rear length of the fuselage, if you shorten it, it will be much less twisty. Also consider glueing some carbon flat bar to the sides of the fusealge to stiffen.

As Ant0 said, your rudder is on the small side, this would also give it the wandery vague flight. Note especially tied in with a twisting tail.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2019, 11:41 AM
Ron_RC
I like building stuff out of foam board. Here are a couple of my builds.
Very Smooth Video from an RC F-22 (3 min 6 sec)

UFO Flying Saucer Beams Up My Wife! (4 min 18 sec)
Jul 24, 2019, 09:09 AM
Bobalong

Aerofoil Section New-to-Me

Hi Folks I was looking through old "Aeromodeller" UK Plans, came across the Aldritch "Peacemaker" with its instantly recognisable outline. I could use the Trailing Edge extensions as ailerons, make a slim, boxy fuselage, and there's a nice plane. I was not, however, struck by the performance of a 6 mm flar plate wing, so thought about a simple way to make a shape. I've cut many a hot-wire-cut "bobbly" foam, but they don't have useful strength.
What I did was glue just the edges of two parallel wing panels, then glued a vertical 6 mm foam spar between them. With just a foam spar, the wing was not stiff enough, I added a 10 mm strip of 1/32nd ply top and bottom of the spar, and it was transformed, almost un-bendable. It flew beautifully, very smooth on the elevator, yet really tight loops. Roll response is a little soft, so If you make one, increase the aileron chord near the tips. The tips themselves are from 3 mm Depron, cut a pair for each tip, glue the edges together then glue a wedge in to make it match the wing section. The whole thing with 3 servos, typical motor, ESC and 1000 mAh LiPo weighs under 14 ozs for a 44 inch plane.
The fuselage is just a box of 6 mm Depron of appropriate shape, and I didn't fit a rudder.
I'm really pleased with it, much more so than my flat-plate winged planes in the photos
Aug 15, 2019, 12:14 PM

my first plane

i share with you the pictures of my first plane designed and manufacturated by me
i try to make a small plane , easy to transport in the trunk of my small car for flying in a park or in a small field so i choose the configuration hand launch and high wing . i wanted a plane easy and fast to build so i make it in depron 6 and 9 mm with some small 3D printed parts
the result is a parkflyer of 110 cm (43 in) span , 88 cm (35 in) lenght , 21.6 dm˛ (335 sq.inch) with an empty weight of 727 grams (25.6 oz) and 875gr (31oz) with a lipo battery 3S1800
so the Wing loading is 40g/dm˛ or 13.3 oz/ sq.fr which i think it's good enough
the brushless is a O.S Engines OMA 3805-1200 with a Master airscrews 9x6 propeller .the deliverd power is 253 W
I lost the propeller at take-off during the maiden flight and the first part who hit the ground was the left wing during the emergency landing . but the damages was minor . repared in 2 hours
now the plane has more than 10 flights to his credits . i still need to fix some small problems but i really enjoy flying with when the weather is OK
Aug 17, 2019, 10:54 PM
They call me Lipo...

The Beeker at St. George Utah, September, 2018

Brad Algra's "Beeker" at St. George Utah...:
The BEEKER! A whimsical model by Brad Algra (5 min 38 sec)

Enjoy !
Sep 22, 2019, 08:27 PM
They call me Lipo...

B-36 Peacemaker over St. George Utah

Barrett Hochhaus' amazing 12 foot wingspan, 6 x motor, B-36 Peacemaker makes a special appearance over St. George Utah !
Convair B-36 Peacemaker (12 foot wingspan!) by Barrett Hochhaus - St.George Utah, 2019 (5 min 31 sec)

And YES it's scratchbuilt, and YES. it's a foamie !!!

Oct 28, 2019, 02:14 AM
jofro
Just finishing off the smallest twin EDF foamy to enhance my jet fleet.

Quick Reply