This thread is privately moderated by magic612, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 29, 2014, 12:51 PM
Here is a bobcat that i'm working on. I hope people like it!!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 12, 2014, 02:20 AM
Scratchbuild Aviation

Pylon Seaagle
PX22-A Speedactyl

PX kit planes

some Personal creations

PX25 Sea Dragon
PX35 Twin Fur2y
Dec 14, 2014, 09:28 AM
Just a second build, and still a lot ofshaping to do...but this is the basic ideia
Jan 26, 2015, 03:04 PM
We Do It With FRQZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBarros
Just a second build, and still a lot ofshaping to do...but this is the basic ideia
That is amazing... I'm quite jealous of your abilities... everyone here has a nausiating amount of ability of which I dont have haha.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:17 PM

foamies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM_Sparks
That is amazing... I'm quite jealous of your abilities... everyone here has a nausiating amount of ability of which I dont have haha.
I'm building the conventional way with foam, It works well and the models fly great my next is the 60 size don juan, with retracts
Feb 13, 2015, 02:53 PM
....Allons-y.....
here is my recent build its made out of $tree foam
Feb 13, 2015, 03:30 PM

Nice P-47

Sweet P-47. Do you have some build pics? I have only built flat slab sided planes from DTFB so far.
Feb 13, 2015, 06:31 PM
....Allons-y.....
I started on this little jug wind span is 42"in and is a little over 30"in long the designe is my own the construction is a box fuse with rib on the out side then it is going to be skinned in poster board I will be using a power pod as you can see the fuselage frame is a box and rib construction then skinned in poster board I used lightweight spackle to fill the gaps in the over lapping skin. the motor cailling is laminated DTFB with posterboard on the outside The wing construction is the basic flitetest method the wing spar is tapered from 1/2in to 1/4 in the servo are tucked back in the wing
Feb 13, 2015, 06:54 PM
skumgummi dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic612
Okay, since I seemed to have stirred up a small hornet's nest with my "other" thread , let me offer one that is more uplifting and hopefully far less controversial.

There's a lot of guys on here from whom I have learned an enormous amount. I'm sure I won't remember everyone that I learned everything from, but there are many that stick out in my mind, and I'd like to make sure that I publicly acknowledge their contribution and thank them for it.

My intent is not to embarrass anyone, and I know that even I have a hard time saying, "Thank you" when someone appreciates what I've done. So even if you just say, "Thank you" under your breath at home in front of your computer, that's fine. No responses necessary (but you can if you want to, so don't feel like you can't say "You're welcome", either).

And anyone else that wants to show their appreciation for another person that posts here in this forum, feel free.

gpw - dude, I've learned TONS from your designs. I love the smallish F-14 thing, building a larger, semi-scale full fuse version of it now. Probably will build another one of your plans so I don't crash my big one. Your EZ Canard is probably one of my favorite planes. And the Trainer One plane is, in my opinion, one of the most brilliant trainer plane designs ever. Prop can't get smacked, since it's a high wing pusher. Wing tips can't get scuffed, due to dihedral. Rights itself by letting go of the sticks. Flies slow. Easy to build. What more could one ask for?

Gene Bond - I don't think I've ever built one of your planes, but I learned a lot by looking at the designs and reading your posts. Your contributions here are truly priceless.

golem - the guy who built my "Little Go Bipe" design and flies it better than me! Thanks for all your thoughts on my plane, and your encouragement. VASTLY appreciated by me. One of these days I'll get to the "Star Cobra", but, as per usual, not enough time or extra servos laying around!

ewo - I built your F-16, but I think I built it wrong, because I couldn't get it to fly right. I am quite sure it wasn't a design error, and pretty sure I just built it wrong. But it sure was interesting watching an F-16 roll across a parking lot at 30 MPH! (I had landing gear on mine for ROG attempts). Your other designs have inspired me too. I appreciate the plans you've shared here.

Stephan8 - Thanks for building my "Little Go Bipe" too, and sharing your success / failures with it. I appreciate you posting pictures, videos and your thoughts about it.

Logical Psycho - That massive 3-View thread you made has been indispensable to me! I refer to it routinely (and thank my lucky stars I have high-speed connections at work and home) and would never be able to find that many 3-views and compile them in one place like that. My "Stephens Akro" design came about because you had that 3-view in that thread.

JAM - for routinely updating the "Free Plans" thread. That takes time, is a thankless job, and is highly appreciated by many here (especially me!). I've learned a lot perusing the plans there, even if I haven't built more than a handful of them. It's a huge benefit to this community, and I, for one, appreciate the time you spend updating it.

That's all I can think of for now. I may think of more later. If anyone else wants to chime in with their appreciative thoughts, feel free to add to this so others know you have benefitted from them.

A little thanks goes a loooooooong way...

EDIT: Italics tags.
This thread is about tooting someone elses horn, not your own... So thanks to gpw,bobaeronort,wiskers,springer,dz1sfb,apache pilot,SGTalon,Lockey,Robertus,Kieth Laumer,davereap,leadfeather,Larry Ross and a hundred other souls who have freely shared your skills and plans. What a wonderful resource you have been and continue to be.
Last edited by foamdave; Feb 13, 2015 at 07:18 PM.
Feb 13, 2015, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjct hawk
I started on this little jug wind span is 42"in and is a little over 30"in long the designe is my own the construction is a box fuse with rib on the out side then it is going to be skinned in poster board I will be using a power pod as you can see the fuselage frame is a box and rib construction then skinned in poster board I used lightweight spackle to fill the gaps in the over lapping skin. the motor cailling is laminated DTFB with posterboard on the outside The wing construction is the basic flitetest method the wing spar is tapered from 1/2in to 1/4 in the servo are tucked back in the wing
I'm having trouble with my wing, I've tried twice and don't care for the results,, I'm going back to a conventional build with foam ribs
Feb 14, 2015, 12:56 AM
....Allons-y.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by slam555
I'm having trouble with my wing, I've tried twice and don't care for the results,, I'm going back to a conventional build with foam ribs
what kind of trouble?
Feb 14, 2015, 08:40 AM

wing

when I do the final folding and glueing the main spar is always cocked or crooked, and the trailing edge doesn't line up well and comes out warp, or wavy not straight, it just not a clean as I want it, i think they're very strong and durrable wings though, just not the look I want on my twinney bipe
Mar 28, 2015, 01:09 AM
Hi all, built my first plane out of corflute (corrugated plastic sheet). It was alright although a bit heavier than I would like.

Managed to source some foamboard (5mm) from a local picture framer & I came up with this.

It works, and its heaps lighter than my first model. With a undercambered wing, running a 1200kv motor & 10x4.5 prop with saver. 20amp esc & a 3S 2200mah battery with 3 channel, slight dihedral, rudder & elevator.

I couldn't work out how to do any curves so its got alot of straight edges, very boxy fuselage.

Regards,

Abdul from Australia
Apr 09, 2015, 04:27 PM
The runway used to be longer

I'd like to thank "balsa or carbon"

Thanks to "balsa or carbon" for his patience and understanding in the early stages of my learning to fly by myself.

Thanks to him also for the plans to the "Fogey-ish" which I built a bit too heavy and 'fixed' with more motor and battery, but she still flew slowly enough that I could make corrections whilst she was trying to fly into a tree rather than watch her crash.

Honestly, the Fogey-ish got me over the hump.
I haven't crashed for weeks now(Bix3) and the Summer field is fraught with hazards.
I'm making approaches between trees and landing in last years brush with no new damage.
My poor Bix3 looks like a war torn PoS but next Winter I'll break out the new foam set and will be flying a brand new one with skill and confidence!
Apr 09, 2015, 08:09 PM

twinney

I've finished twinney, although a conventional build, but using foam it came out700 grams lighter than the balsa version and it flew great, hopefully to have pics while I paint it

Quick Reply