SR hobbies - RC Groups
Jun 10, 2007, 03:45 PM
Discussion

SR hobbies

I sure miss my SR Hobbies Mig, is there any news, will come back as a kit. I think of it when I watch my F-86 flounder about.
Ray Ray
Last edited by Ray Ray; Jun 11, 2007 at 01:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2007, 11:18 PM

Mig 3

If you're after a Mig 3 you ought to check out the one offered by Leading Edge Gliders. If you liked the SR Mig you'll love the Leading Edge Mig.
Ed
Jun 11, 2007, 08:32 AM
I have a Mig-3 and a BD-5 from SR Hobbies. Had them both for years and still love flying them. I reviewed them for RCM&E and Silent Flight magazines in the UK several years ago. Steve Rushford (the SR of SR Hobbies!) telephoned me from the US and we had a long chat about slope soaring. A very pleasant chap. He was talking about possibly doing a Mosquito to go with his Lightning but I don't know if it ever happened.

I covered my Mig-3 in the all white with red trim (arrows and stars) colour scheme, it looks great on a low level fly past - it's almost impossible not to make an engine noise as it flies past

A lot of folks in UK think it's a Spitfire - most people think Migs are only jets.

Nice to know of someone else who enjoys them.

Cheers, Mike
Jun 11, 2007, 12:06 PM
Its a Trip to Rip

Agreed, I want another BD5 and an EPP38

Yea its too bad to see Steve is not making planes any more, i love mine , ive been flying them for 6 years now... i even offered him free web hosting for his web site when i herd his site went down a couple of years ago... oh well...
Jun 11, 2007, 07:01 PM
Will fly for food
Long live the SR Hobbies BD5
Jun 27, 2007, 06:52 PM
Is it DS'able?
These two planes from SR hobbies have been the bread and butter of both myself and my roomate's flying experiences for the past few years. I think I picked them up at Hobby People for sale too, probably five or six years ago.

We've dubbed them R2 and 3P0 for their purely coincidental color schemes

The best part is their durability...these planes have taken some MEAN hits and they're still going. It would be awesome to see Steve bring some of his kits back to the shelf.

Also, here's a video of the BD5 in Joshua Tree flying with my P51.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=697019
Oct 26, 2007, 05:06 PM

wow memories...

I remember helping Steve make the BD-5's in his garage in Santa Clarita, I have not spoken to him in years but my buddy has. As a matter of fact I still have the super pickle hanging on the wall....We made it useing a BD-5 wing and a huge fuse, put that on parker mountain and it knocked everything out of the sky...oh those were the days!
Feb 12, 2018, 04:36 PM
Do you happen to have the CG point on the P-38? I built this kit without the instruction manual, it looks great but i dont know the CG point.

Quick Reply