Jul 08, 2007, 07:02 AM
My Etnz is quite finished, Do you know that thing under the head crane of the mast that support the main sail (sail wire)? I've assembled it, but I think that don't work properly! Does someone modificate this piece?
Help me please!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2007, 11:48 AM
Crazy frenchie
what do you mean ?
I have finished my ETNZ too but I've not sailed her yet. I wondered what was this part for, I think it "sail wire" rotates TOO freely. Is it your opinion too ?
I will go with gospectre.com sails, they look awesome and this ETNZ hull deserves nice sails !
Jul 08, 2007, 06:05 PM
i leave the mast wire off and use the sail battens as the real boats do!!

andrew
Jul 10, 2007, 05:53 AM
I've added some more sail wire to solve this problem.
Another thing is the wire that connect the mai sail to the winch-servo that sometimes go around one of the fake winch on th deck. Does it happen to you? I wanna do something to be sure that it work properly...
Jul 11, 2007, 04:34 PM
How does the Thunder Tiger ETNZ compare to a decent IOM? Weight, sail area, etc.
Jul 11, 2007, 04:53 PM
endr - so don't sail smi-scale boats with fake anything on the deck!

Sorry to be unsympathetic but are you sailion a boat or on a deam trip?
Jul 11, 2007, 05:39 PM
Norman2
Thread OP

ETNZ vs. IOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sheets
How does the Thunder Tiger ETNZ compare to a decent IOM? Weight, sail area, etc.
The ETNZ weighs 7.7lbs. The sail area on the ETNZ is larger but any decent
IOM is much faster and more maneuvarable. It is much lighter and accelerates
much quicker. Still the ETNZ is a much better looking boat.
Jul 11, 2007, 06:27 PM
an interesting thought for those in the us of a , is to leave off the top section of mast, drop the sails down from 744sq inches to 600 and race as a us one metre!!!

just a thought!!

we compared the etnz to one of craigs ts-2 ioms and ts-3 , hull is light, maybe add a iom rig and lose the deck details (before the boat does for you) and she will fly!!!

mind you if you leave the winches and remove the coffee grinders the boat works well, still looks mighty good with no deck gear on though.

bit more deck detail could include a heli pad or davits on the stern for a tender or footy........
Jul 12, 2007, 02:28 AM
The problem is that I have installed all the fake thinghs on the deck, it's not eay to remove. Maybe i can find a particular diposition that the main wire don't interfere with the fake gear on the deck...
I've alredy sailed my Etnz in my swimming pool, I can say that is a missile! Obviously
not like an US IOM but is very competitive. (It has a sail surface of 744 Sq Inch)
Some pics...
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3...7071933zn3.jpg
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2...7070923ym8.jpg
Jul 12, 2007, 05:21 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Hi endr,

I have the same issue on my Voyager, the fake-winch-line-snagging thing, it happens not often, but always when you don't need it...

I plan to make a cage out of stainless wire to make sure the lines slide over the winch instead of getting snagged.

Regards, Jan.
Jul 12, 2007, 01:23 PM
Perfect! let me see a pic when you finish it...
Tanx
Jul 14, 2007, 03:52 AM
finally sailing pics!

some other paint jobs next???

andrew
Jul 14, 2007, 04:22 AM
And More!
Jul 15, 2007, 09:38 PM
Hi Andrew
Dam! she looks good. Can't wait for my one to come in. Really looking forward to assembling and finially sailing my very own ETNZ.

Hope you get them in soon

Paul
Jul 15, 2007, 11:01 PM
have found that leaving off the aft coffee grinder pedestal and aft two winches, not much will catch on deck. in light weather if you have used the standard thickness sail sheet string, the jib tends not to go out as far as often as it should.
have only tested it on two boats so far though.

andrew

Quick Reply