Jun 09, 2007, 03:04 PM
RC Info Sponge
Thread OP
Discussion

Telemaster 6ft

I am looking at getting the 6ft Telemaster. I would like to put some floats on it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2007, 04:35 PM
I have been looking at a Telemaster, does anyone know how they fly? I will probably invest into one after I get all my other builds complete. A fellow club member (although he is not in very good standing with my club lol) has one. If memory serves me it was a .40 sized Telemaster.
Jun 09, 2007, 07:44 PM
Seaplane Nerd
Chiseled in Granite: "NOTHING FLIES LIKE A TELEMASTER"

I had a Senior Tele on floats for years and it was fabulous. OS.91 4-stroke. 10 pounds with foam-core floats. Would ROW in 6 feet.,....or 200 feet at less than half throttle looking so scale-like it would give you goosebumps.

Get some foam floats from planefunfloats.com and you will be delighted.
Jun 09, 2007, 07:55 PM
a.k.a. skcope
We had a former club member who used to fly the .40 sized Telemaster with floats every year at the Brimfield Float Fly. He had an FS .61 four stroke in his and like Jim said in the previous post, to watch it fly was a thing of beauty. I believe he used homemade built up floats which resembled EDO's. VERY scale-like performance when good throttle management was employed. This same gentleman was a very adept pilot and would intentionally make high approaches, slipping his telemaster so masterfully as it putted along at 15 mph before correcting his attitude to make perfect zero-splash landings. The long and short of it is the telemaster makes a fantastic floatplane.
Jun 09, 2007, 08:37 PM
Retired US Navy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCasey
Chiseled in Granite: "NOTHING FLIES LIKE A TELEMASTER"

I had a Senior Tele on floats for years and it was fabulous. OS.91 4-stroke. 10 pounds with foam-core floats. Would ROW in 6 feet.,....or 200 feet at less than half throttle looking so scale-like it would give you goosebumps.

Get some foam floats from planefunfloats.com and you will be delighted.
Jim, there is something... remember?
Jun 09, 2007, 08:59 PM
RC Info Sponge
Thread OP
planefunfloats.com site does not work for me? anybody else?

What size floats am I looking at for the 6ft electro Telemaster?
Jun 09, 2007, 09:22 PM
Retired US Navy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQUAJOE
planefunfloats.com site does not work for me? anybody else?

What size floats am I looking at for the 6ft electro Telemaster?
Somewhere aroung 36" but the telemaster is light so you don't want high bouyency floats, notice how thin the one's are on my Quaker?
Jun 09, 2007, 10:12 PM
They look like great flying planes although they seem more expensive than most trainers. Ah well who cares, they look cool in the air. What size is the ideal plane? I wouldn't mind the little elecric parkflyer, yet a nice .40 size for the airfield would be nice too.
Jun 09, 2007, 10:16 PM
Scratch that I just found the Telemaster .40 on sale for 89 bucks at Hobby Lobby. Too bad I have too many build projects at the moment lol.
Jun 10, 2007, 04:56 AM
Plane Fun Floats is at geocities.com/planefunfloats
Jun 10, 2007, 06:59 PM
Not only will it fly on floats .but if you look on wasserflug.you will find one converted to a flyingboat with twin motors....................nuff said?
just for the fun of it.....................check out videos page two ....I believe its a converted Telemaster.
Regards Clive

http://www.rcwasserflug.info/videos_2.htm
Jun 18, 2007, 09:26 PM
I flew my Telemaster off water for the first time today. Looks like it’s going to make a great addition to my float flying fleet. Here’s a brief video taken with my digital camera. They are flat bottom floats, 38” long and 4.5”wide. I plan to post a building thread for these floats.
Jun 18, 2007, 09:59 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsp
I flew my Telemaster off water for the first time today. Looks like it’s going to make a great addition to my float flying fleet. Here’s a brief video taken with my digital camera. They are flat bottom floats, 38” long and 4.5”wide. I plan to post a building thread for these floats.
...looks like some pretty wicked side slipping some of those turns. Needs differential ailerons or coordinated turns maybe?...
Jun 19, 2007, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsp
Jim,

Please let us know when you post the build-log. I'm planning to do the same after my new Telemaster arrives (ordered yesterday). But being a total noob, I have to learn to fly it first.

Quinn
Jun 19, 2007, 06:34 PM
RC Info Sponge
Thread OP

Floats

JIMSP thanks for the post. I am looking forward to the build plan post.

Quick Reply