Jun 09, 2007, 02:56 AM
Awesometown
Thanks Kilrah - was looking around for that codec ;P

ADDED AFTER WATCHING: JMS - HILARIOUS! I mean.. sad, but still hilarious.

R.I.P Miss Pico Star
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2007, 03:08 AM
Thread OP
Well I saw the plane spiral down like a leaf from the ground (good CG). I replayed the video (original format in Ulead Video Studio) in slow motion and noticed my camera pod had lifted up and foreward because I suddenly saw my nose. (try replay in slow motion if possible) Normally this is not possible because of the elastic band I used hold down the the pod. So my conclusion is that the main wing tore off (but still attached because of the esc wiring to the fus then to the nose where the battery is located.) and it pulled my camera, AV TX, battery wires back causing the whole camera pod to lift (see picture). The main wing is held by two nylon bolt which is screwed into balsa. I had an issue with this before so I epoxied the holes and retapped it. I guess after many flights, it gave out on me. Good thing it was in a large isolated area as you can see in the video. I never had a radio issue up at that altitude, but when the video went blank, everything went out! (radio, video, power!) I also stopped hearing the motors at that point as well.
I realized that standard Futaba equipment is pretty darn good. I don't know why others knock them or say very little about them.

BTW yes I'm not to worry about the loss. Nobody got hurt and why worry about these things, other wise I will feel stressed out every time I go flying Life is too short and I just want to enjoy life to the happiest as much as possible!

John
Jun 09, 2007, 03:19 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmendell
Thanks Kilrah - was looking around for that codec ;P

ADDED AFTER WATCHING: JMS - HILARIOUS! I mean.. sad, but still hilarious.

R.I.P Miss Pico Star
Heyyyy sniff, sniff I was SERIOUS............ about making a comedy out of a tragic moment

BTW LLLLLLLove the new avatar! Great sense of humor!!!
Jun 09, 2007, 04:51 AM
Live FPV or Die
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSTECH
Nope VRF, didn't find it. So when I get your goggles, I will enjoy FPV playbacks on DVD for the short time being!

BTW, did you receive my file yet Denis?
I did understand that you found it... Hummm I still have problem to understand english well as you can see...

I don't understand how to download the file from Megaupload. And I resolved my problem with Windows movie maker, so i did not insist.
Jun 09, 2007, 09:49 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRflyer
I did understand that you found it... Hummm I still have problem to understand english well as you can see...

I don't understand how to download the file from Megaupload. And I resolved my problem with Windows movie maker, so i did not insist.
Hmmm I will try again and retest Megaupload tonight Denis. If it works I will let you know as soon as possible!
Jun 09, 2007, 10:12 AM
Quote:
So my conclusion is that the main wing tore off (but still attached because of the esc wiring to the fus then to the nose where the battery is located.) and it pulled my camera, AV TX, battery wires back causing the whole camera pod to lift (see picture).
Ah ok.. I was watching the video and was wondering how all of a sudden you lost video AND control.
Jun 12, 2007, 10:49 AM
Fidler & twidler
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRflyer

I opened video ok on my w2000 system, went to XP system & windows Movie Maker - loaded aude track, and 1st frame thumbnail but no video
How did you beat WMM into submission please??
T.I.A. Mike
Jun 19, 2007, 03:32 AM
Thread OP
Well I found the Twinstar... actually it was my friend Bob who accidentally found it. Crazy how it happened We saw the plane go down and was sure where it went... so we thought. Anyways after me climbing around like a monkey for an hour, Bob showed up and climbed the rock face again, but 5 feet higher. He stopped at a ledge to catch his breath again and to empty his shoes of twigs and rocks which were digging into his feet. He started to talk to himself and pulling weed at the same time. He was mumbling things like, "this is impossible!" , "Finding a needle in a hay stack!", "too much area to cover!". Then he turned his head to the left to double check his bearings and guess what was laying 10 feet of him? My Twinstar in 3 pieces! Yeah I heard a yell and so I ran up to the rescue and there was BOB, holding the plane in VICTORY! What a guy! Finding the needle in the haystack! Crazy... we both think the whole thing was simply too lucky to be true!

Anyhow I'm piecing a little video to tell the story of what happened and where it crashed.... CRAZY. Unfortunately I wasn't able to send a recon plane because the strong winds blowing from the east. Would of made 2 planes down into the mountain! So my video isn't half of what I wanted to be but still, you guys might get a few laughs. Oh BTW, you will see VRFlyer's smoke bomb here

I'll post it as soon it is done.

JMS
Last edited by JMSTECH; Jun 19, 2007 at 03:42 AM.
Jun 19, 2007, 08:00 AM
Fidler & twidler
JMSTECH
Life is just like that - The things you expect to happen - dont - and the impossible - does -
Glad you found it.
Has the Air Crash Investigations Team reported back on the primary cause?
One thing that struck me was that you were being thrown arround the sky, & maybe you got hit by a Rotor ( vortex off the lee of one of the hills ) they can be very localised and powefull.
Mike
Jun 19, 2007, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee
JMSTECH
Life is just like that - The things you expect to happen - dont - and the impossible - does -
Glad you found it.
One thing that struck me was that you were being thrown arround the sky, & maybe you got hit by a Rotor ( vortex off the lee of one of the hills ) they can be very localised and powefull.
Mike

Why can't the impossible happen, be in the form of jackpot from lottery.
Jun 19, 2007, 10:20 AM
Fidler & twidler
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcavett18
Why can't the impossible happen, be in the form of jackpot from lottery.
Are U sure ANYONE actually wins the JackPot - see 'They Faked the moon landing' files
Mike
Jun 19, 2007, 01:40 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee
JMSTECH
Glad you found it.
Mike
Well the investigation team did find something... you'll have to wait for the video

Secondly your analysis on the Rotor is something I am taking very seriously because from what I saw. The plane for no reason at all started to spin out of control! Now the location I assume is getting mixture of warm and cold air along with winds brushing against the mountain side. So you have a extreamely good point!!!!!

As for the lottery thing.... hey I wish it would be true!!!!
Jun 19, 2007, 03:21 PM
Thread OP
Ok here is the video..... WARNING!!!! May not be appropriate to small children and contains some spelling errors! But it is hearing impair friendly

The flight scene is not from a recon flight mission I was hoping for. Too windy that day we found the plane!!! So I manage to salvage what I can to make this video entertaining to all! Enjoy!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KAD53T09

JMS John also known as Agent "J"
Last edited by JMSTECH; Jun 19, 2007 at 04:46 PM.
Jun 19, 2007, 05:53 PM
Fidler & twidler
Quote:
Well the investigation team did find something... you'll have to wait for the video
while I wait,,
Quote:

Secondly your analysis on the Rotor is something I am taking very seriously because from what I saw. The plane for no reason at all started to spin out of control! Now the location I assume is getting mixture of warm and cold air along with winds brushing against the mountain side. So you have a extreamely good point!!!!!
u don't need mixing airmasses 4 rotor, just the wind being forced up by a large hill/young_mountain with a sharp dropoff on the lee side & thare she rolls - will rip the wings off most anything, big or small.
Quote:

As for the lottery thing.... hey I wish it would be true!!!!
you, me and 500odd million other people Mike

Quick Reply