May 19, 2001, 08:54 PM
Thread OP

I need to Get my Eco 8 flying......

Ok I got my used Eco 8 last week and I am want to get this bird in the air(of course I spent all of my money on the Eco, so I have to save for the new Eclipse 7 radio). Ok so here is what I need. I will be flying with a MMreverse that I have out of a plane project, so I need to know what pinion size, and is it 48 or 32 pitch? The Eco is already setup for 120ccpm, but I was toying with the idea of putting the mecanical mixer on just to fly it......
I know the radio debate has been played to death, but is there any Major reason I should not get the Hitec Eclipse radio? It looked good to be, but I only fly an LMH so I haven't needed all the mixers.... Thanks in advance.

[This message has been edited by ToXS (edited 05-19-2001).]
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2001, 10:12 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
Just get a new MM and put bearings in it. That is just a $30 investment and is said to fly quite well.

Get the Eclipse too. Once you use a computer radio, you will never go back!
May 19, 2001, 10:34 PM
TeamTP,Minicopter,Spartan
hi, well it aint the 32 pitch, cause my voyager is a 32 and they dont mesh so it must be the 48 but Im not for sure, I think my stock pinion is a 11 so I dont know about the mmreverse motor, and hey go ahead and get a computer radio , and why dont you get the JR with the option to get a mini RX and mini servos , instead of buying all new mini servos and putting the hitec on the shelf
May 20, 2001, 05:40 AM
Computer radio of any kind with CCPM. (YES)
MM Reverse with bearings and a 12 or 13 tooth
Ikarus pinion. (YES)
Mechanicial Mixer. NO NO NO.....
ALSO:
Auto rotate gear
Tail boom servo mount
Alum tail pitch slider
8 cell 2000 to 2400Mah batteries
This will get you flying nice.
NEXT STEPS:
Brushless motor and controller.
Glass or carbon blades
Carbon tail boom
10 cell 2000,2400Mah or 3000 Nimh batteries
Carbon fiber side frames.
This will get you flying for 10+ mins.
Have fun
Capt. Dave
May 20, 2001, 02:58 PM
Thread OP
Ok So it looks like I need a 48pitch Gear with 11,12,13 teeth. I also need to buy the bearings for the MMR. I already have the Carbon fiber tail boom, Auto rotate gear,
Tail boom servo mount, Alum tail pitch, metal swash plate and 8 cell 2000 to 2400Mah batteries. Well thanks for the help. I guess I will have to live with the LMH for a while longer.....
May 20, 2001, 03:38 PM
Dont sell your LMH unless you really have to. There will be days when you will wished you still had it around.
May 20, 2001, 07:16 PM
>>Ok So it looks like I need a 48pitch Gear with 11,12,13 teeth.

It is exactly not 48pitch. I recommend correct gears available in Ikarus and Hobyy Robby. In addition, rather than 10cells, 8cells is better for the life time of the motor (brush).
May 20, 2001, 08:10 PM
Thread OP
I would not think of giving up my LMH... I Think along the same lines as you JIM, The LMH is for scaring the wildlife, and getting crazy.
OK so I have to go with the "special" Ikarus gears, I guess I am doing some online shopping. I plan to use 8cell packs, I already have 2/2000mh packs, so this will get me started.... Thanks and keep the info comeing
May 20, 2001, 09:47 PM
I finally got the tail on my ECO to behave. The tail doesnt budge now and takes alot to turn it which is fine because with the Jet Ranger fuselage on Im flying it in a more scale like manner. My 10102Y/D35H has been off getting looked at by Castle for a couple weeks already and Im itching to get the LMH up again.

Quick Reply