Thread Tools
Jun 03, 2007, 05:25 PM
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Thread OP
Cool

BlackWing Maiden!


Well wind was about 7mph all morning but when I got to the field it was 12mph! Wasn't going to fly it but decided I had driven 17 miles to get there and the wing loading on the plane should be enough to handle a little wind so flew the maiden. It was a blast! Forgot Jackie was shooting video so was throwing it around the sky like a drunken sailer so she missed a lot of the crazy stuff! But at 77 years young she does great. I'm sure from the vid you can get an idea how it flys. Flight was all on low rates as I didn't want to chance going to high rates in the wind on the maiden until I can fly it enough to get comfortable with the jewel. Thanks David for great design!
We love how it looks in the air! Video on the website under "BlackWing Maiden".
www.boomerseflight.com
Comments welcome.
boomer
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 03, 2007, 05:54 PM
Electricholics Anonymous
claybuster's Avatar
Very cool,boomer! It looked like you were going to land it in the back seat and then just drive home
Mike
Jun 03, 2007, 05:59 PM
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by claybuster
Very cool,boomer! It looked like you were going to land it in the back seat and then just drive home
Mike
Yeah I forgot where Jackie was standing with the camera and wanted to set it down next to the SUV so she missed part of the landing which was a power off feather setdown.
boomer
Jun 03, 2007, 09:04 PM
Registered User
Boomer,

When I watched the 50" TM I thought it was REALLY super!

I knew I'd never forget it...

When I saw the BlackWing happily flitting about in the wind...

Strangely, it reminded me of the 50" TM and I smiled.

I hope you get lots of really great flying weather up there.

Gary
Jun 04, 2007, 07:47 AM
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by allesg
Boomer,

When I watched the 50" TM I thought it was REALLY super!

I knew I'd never forget it...

When I saw the BlackWing happily flitting about in the wind...

Strangely, it reminded me of the 50" TM and I smiled.

I hope you get lots of really great flying weather up there.

Gary
Gary,
Glad you enjoyed it.
boomer
Jun 04, 2007, 10:05 AM
In The Sorrano Triangle
BOZINATOR's Avatar
BOOMER,
The landing gear adds alot of character to the Blackwing 3D. When you come swooping in, in profile, it reminds me of an EAGLE with its "TALONS" outstreached ready for the KILL. Very, VERY cool indeed! GOT WIND?

jim
Jun 04, 2007, 02:05 PM
Registered User
Boomer, I am fairly new to the hobby and having a blast with it. I also fly with my girl and can only hope that we are still active at your age. I've been getting plenty of exercise running to recover my "downed" planes so far. I'm qiuckly finding out that it pays more to be able to fly well then to just do a bunch of tricks.

Great to see your library of flights from your homepage!
Jun 04, 2007, 04:41 PM
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZINATOR
BOOMER,
The landing gear adds alot of character to the Blackwing 3D. When you come swooping in, in profile, it reminds me of an EAGLE with its "TALONS" outstreached ready for the KILL. Very, VERY cool indeed! GOT WIND?

jim
You know Jim the lack of a LG almost stopped me from buying the plane but figured it should be easy to add a gear to the front cross brace like on the Bug. Worked great!
boomer
Jun 04, 2007, 04:43 PM
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandEyeGuy
Boomer, I am fairly new to the hobby and having a blast with it. I also fly with my girl and can only hope that we are still active at your age. I've been getting plenty of exercise running to recover my "downed" planes so far. I'm qiuckly finding out that it pays more to be able to fly well then to just do a bunch of tricks.

Great to see your library of flights from your homepage!
Welcome to RC Groups and the hobby! Great hobby and the thing that suffers most is your credit card!
boomer
Jun 10, 2007, 05:30 PM
In The Sorrano Triangle
BOZINATOR's Avatar

helmet cam and NEW Bat-KITE here


https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&page=3&pp=20
my new bat and helmet cam are here
jim
Oct 01, 2007, 12:23 PM
To me, every day is Saturday
fall666's Avatar
More BlackWing flying:

BlackWing foamy (2 min 49 sec)
Last edited by fall666; Dec 06, 2007 at 01:32 PM.
Oct 01, 2007, 12:58 PM
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Thread OP
Fall666,
Looks like your enjoying the bird. One of my favorite planes since I added LG!
congrats.
boomer
Oct 02, 2007, 10:48 PM
WAA pilot #167 (yeah baby!)
Ahawk's Avatar
Boomer, that puff of dust when you hit the throttle on take-off looks SOOOO cool

-Adam
Oct 02, 2007, 11:37 PM
Been There! Done That!
boomerace's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahawk
Boomer, that puff of dust when you hit the throttle on take-off looks SOOOO cool

-Adam
Thanks! Kind of looks like a Rocket Assisted Take off.
boomer


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools