Old Jun 02, 2007, 11:52 PM
Find More Posts by bignaz
Build Log

My newest plane

Well i picked up the plans from http://aatoolbox.no-ip.org/ for the round smiley. "site isent working for me now but thanks to whoever made the plans"

Step 1. i printed out the plans then went to the craft store to pick up some uhc, elmers spray adheasive and foam bord. When i got home i soaked the foam board in my bath tub in warm water and depapered it.

Step 2 i glued the plans on the now bare foam with the elmers spray adheas.ive. i used a very light coat so i can remove the paper from the foam after. i then cut out all the parts and removed the paper from the foam.

Step 3. i put it togher. i found the 4mm thick foam dident like to bend to tight but afdter working it it i got it to bend good.

Step 4. i cut up a pop bottle to make a windscreen. i also took some foam i had from a new router i bought and made a spinner for the front end.

Plane glides like a dream. it was very easy to make. i'll have a flight report on it tomorrow or monday.

to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2007, 10:32 AM
Find More Posts by ihor14448
WOW, nice plane, i tried buildin one and when i did i put the AA guts on it and the wires poped out, now i dont know where they go, i need to figure it out first before putting the guts on.
Old Jun 03, 2007, 02:49 PM
Find More Posts by bignaz
its raining and really winds today so i guess she wont fly today.
Old Jun 03, 2007, 03:21 PM
Find More Posts by lxelementxl
wow that looks aweosme.
Old Jun 03, 2007, 03:37 PM
Find More Posts by derJuF
@bignaz
Nice to see you like my design...
and congratulations for the well done result

you can find the original plans here in the forum:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...37#post6952237

Greetings Juergen