This thread is privately moderated by Jim T., who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 02, 2007, 10:11 PM
Shining a light on the hobby.
Thread OP
Discussion

Leipers Fork Fly-In

My favorite little town of Leipers Fork, TN had an open fly today. This was a simple get together for all the local pilots to hang out and fly. Hobby Lobby showed up with a tent full of planes as well as a lot of locals from the Edwin Warner club. I also met some pilots from the surrounding areas I have not met before. The weather was good to us until the end of the day when a light rain came. It ended the days flying but it sure did cool things off. Thanks Bryce and Liz of Leipers Fork for making this happen!
(There are more pictures here )
Last edited by Jim T.; Jun 02, 2007 at 11:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 02, 2007, 10:46 PM
Thread OP
double post
Last edited by Jim T.; Jun 02, 2007 at 10:59 PM.
Jun 02, 2007, 10:47 PM
Lucky

I've Got a Question

Hey Mr. Graham,

I met you today at the Leipers Fork Fly In. I am Todd Pirtle and I was with my dad Keith. We set with you, Bryce, and Liz in the Hobby Lobby tent while it was raining. I've got a question for you. How would I get into competition flying? Is there any league or association for kids my age that competes for prizes or trophies? I am going to be in 9th Grade this year and 15 in August. I would like to grow in this sport and compete against kids my age level. If you find anything, could you send me some information or a link? I just set up a blog tonight and I will check it and update it very often. It was very nice meeting you and thanks for your help.
Jun 04, 2007, 09:01 PM
Thread OP
Todd
We appreciate you guys coming out and hanging with us. I even enjoyed the afternoon rain. Your question is a good one and I don't have a good answer for you. I go to all the shows but not many competitions. I did look up competitions on the AMA site and found this for you:
http://www.modelaircraft.org/events.aspx
Jun 10, 2007, 03:09 PM
Could you please tell me what is the glider above the Monton?
Jun 11, 2007, 08:05 AM
Thread OP
I have no idea, maybe someone on here can help us.

Quick Reply