Old Oct 30, 2002, 10:43 AM
Find More Posts by nrthwing

Corona hardened mainshaft and freewheel

I should be receiving my Corona this week and purchased the hacker set-up from I-Care, it should arive this week too. I want to install the upgrades during the initial build. It's been mentioned on ezone to replace the main shaft with a "hardened" one and use a "freewheeling" main gear.

Where can I purchase these and are there any other upgrades I need?

Also what kind of battery packs are most flyers with the Hacker motor using and where is a good place to buy them?

Thanks,
Mike
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2002, 11:38 AM
Find More Posts by Ray Heaton

Corona mods

Hi Mike:

Glad to hear you ordered the Corona!

Wait until the motor arrives from I-Care before you buy the one-way mod. The motor exhibits very little "cogging". There's hardly any magnetic drag at all. I agree with the motor posts, probably the one-way isn't necessary.

I put some of that $$$ into spare parts instead.

Batteries -- again, I went with the posts. Sanyo cells, 7 X 2400 mAh. I bought two packs from Tony La @ eflightpacks.com as his prices were good, his service is highly rated, and he had them in stock. Tony gets the same rating as Lite Machines from me -- A+. Very reassuring to receive an order acknowledgement, tracking information, and delivery on-time as promised.

The packs can also be ordered with connectors. I chose not, as I use Sermos and have most sizes available at work.

Enjoy!
Old Oct 30, 2002, 01:25 PM
Find More Posts by vkmaynard
Mike,

You don't need the one-way with the Hacker (instant $80 savings applied to the motor). Great choice!

I am putting a drill rod shaft in mine this week to remove some minor vibration after the heli was tipped over by my baby sitter.

www.batterystation.com is cheaper than eflightpacks. I had a coworker order from them on a Monday and he received his custom order [by Thursday. This is the forth order we've place with them with that kind of service.

Definitely use 7xCP2400SCRs. Get about 3-4 packs (4 is better).

Victor
Old Oct 31, 2002, 12:01 PM
Find More Posts by nrthwing

Thanks!

I ordered two 7x2400 battery packs from Hobbylobby what is the "CP" letters you mentioned stand for? Will the ones I just ordered work?

What about that drill rod, what is that for?

Sorry for all the questions , this is my first heli experience and I don't want to be discouraged.

Thanks

Mike