Dec 15, 2007, 11:50 PM
???? what's up man?
Last edited by Patbull; Dec 16, 2007 at 12:01 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 16, 2007, 09:09 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jce
Close this thread +1 .
Good day !

Did we hurt you?
Dec 16, 2007, 10:20 AM
jce
jce
Oh no mister Lin , but i think it's time for positive things... Now i'm sure : items are in stock at Gws plants, but "medium order" delivery cost are really awfull !!! Maybe you have to think for a cheaper solution... Now is also time for new epo products , We're waiting for.
Who's next after the j10 ?
Thanks
Dec 16, 2007, 11:34 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Thread OP
J-10 will be shipped out late Dec.

We don't have vocation for Chrismas. GWS China keep going on...

After that may be V2 or Speedy Wing?
Dec 17, 2007, 11:36 AM
Confused? Who, me?
If GWS do either the V2 or the Speedy wing to follow the J-10 I think that will make four EDF launches in a row, F-15, A4, J-10 and now number 4 (and maybe even number 5 to follow).

I think this is a pity:

EDF set up is much more expensive
EDF set-up is much noisier so maybe some places which have been OK for electric flying up until now are about to get shut down to all flying
GWS EDF set-ups are not exactly the best in show although I don't doubt there's a good bit of profit in them - probably why GWS USA are not ordering NPS kits

What about the Beaver, the WWI bipes and the AN2 you've announced, never mind my Hurricane.......

If you launch the J-10 before end December that will be 7 launches in 2007:

Me 262
FW 190
T-6
P-40
F-15
A-4
J-10

There's no doubt that's a great achievement - I don't think anyone else can beat it - but of the seven only three were prop birds (and no sailplanes yet - I'm still waiting for a GWS sailplane).

Don't forget your "propeller" customers please GWS
Dec 17, 2007, 01:05 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard
If GWS do either the V2 or the Speedy wing to follow the J-10 I think that will make four EDF launches in a row, F-15, A4, J-10 and now number 4 (and maybe even number 5 to follow).

I think this is a pity:

EDF set-up is much noisier so maybe some places which have been OK for electric flying up until now are about to get shut down to all flying
GWS EDF set-ups are not exactly the best in show although I don't doubt there's a good bit of profit in them - probably why GWS USA are not ordering NPS kits

What about the Beaver, the WWI bipes and the AN2 you've announced, never mind my Hurricane.......

Me 262
FW 190
T-6
P-40
F-15
A-4
J-10

There's no doubt that's a great achievement - I don't think anyone else can beat it - but of the seven only three were prop birds (and no sailplanes yet - I'm still waiting for a GWS sailplane).

The transition is underway: GWS ....The Foamy Warbird Company!

Which prompted me to post elsewhere asking for "something different".
Dec 17, 2007, 02:07 PM
aka : SteveBB..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard

I think this is a pity:

Me 262
FW 190
T-6
P-40
F-15
A-4
J-10

What sailplane would you fancy Roger? 2-3 mtre? Or something a tad smaller but aerobatic?
Dec 18, 2007, 03:30 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Thread OP
Motor glider style, can be also good to be as slope glider too.
Mar 12, 2008, 09:38 AM
Mr Lin,

Will Caliber sell GWS Mini Dragonfly parts too? If not, where can i order spare parts please?

Patrick
Mar 12, 2008, 11:42 AM
Registered VOICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patbull
Mr Lin,

Will Caliber sell GWS Mini Dragonfly parts too? If not, where can i order spare parts please?

Patrick
They already do:
http://www.caliberhobby.com/heliparts.html
Mar 12, 2008, 01:32 PM
cool, thanks man

Pat
May 12, 2008, 07:10 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdr
Well, I went to my LHS on Saturday to see if I could get the components to complete the motor upgrade, here is my story - off topic. PREFACE - I've always supported my LHS. Even if I could get the item cheaper online, I didn't mind shelling out a few extra bones to keep my business local. Anyway, I called the only local independent store, no luck on the GWS DF equipment so I went the local chain LHS. I flagged down the counter guy and asked if they carry a GWS 75mm DF (hope against hope). As expected, they didn't so I asked if they could order it. Here is where the rant comes in. The counter guys said "Yeah - I suppose we could..... do you know the GWS part numbers, I don't have them here. And you will have to pre-pay." I replied "Why would I what to do that? I could order the parts from home, cheaper, and have them delivered to my home. Why would I want to give you my business?" The counter guy just shrugged - didn't try to convince me otherwise and just kind of wandered off. My LHS when I lived in Vacaville was a totally different experience. I could call them, describe what I need or e-mail them. They would order it, with all the required parts, makes sure what was received what what I needed, and within 3 days they would call me for pick-up and I'd pay then. What's that called? Oh yeah - SERVICE! And I didn't mind a bit paying list. These local clowns - I won't bother again. Of course, the deck was stacked against them. This was their last shot. Prior trips there indicated they didn't carry smaller (8*4, 8*6) props, no smaller (NARO) servos, no GWS planes, and the only Lipos they had were E-Flight older generation with crappy c-rating and and weird plugs. So - the Internet is now my LHS. Sad but true. Ordering my parts today - from a shop I will never see.

Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoJay
Jim, That is sad but becoming all too true now adays. The only one here locally that will eventually get my business is owned by a friend. He is not yet into planes but will be by summers end. Which is great for me because he is a great guy knows whats out there and keeps up to date on all the new stuff, even if he doesn't currently stock it. Why does he do this you ask? Because HE IS A MODELLER TOO!!! Seems alot of these shops these days are staffed by people that have no clue about the hobby in the first place other than yeah thats a plane, car, boat, etc.. There are a few exceptions yes but not really in my area. So the net gets most of business too. Sad just very Sad.

Jason
It's sad to hear about this kind situations happend in LHS!

Although GWS support to LHS very much, we never want to take away their business.

How do you think GWS USA can help them to stock GWS products?

Pls contact your favorite LHS to booking the orders of GWS [products for you!

Strongly tell them that you like ( love ) GWS!!!
May 12, 2008, 11:51 PM
QUESTIONS got answer?
--- Although majority of dealers are modelers. They must earn bread and butter to be surviving, and interest.
“Where there is $, there is dealer “.
---All retailer need commodity to generate patronages and traffic for its quality, brand awareness, unique
Features, consumers right product to fit in for choice, great promotion support… . …. Does GWS have it all?
---Dealers either carry Horizon, or Great Plane. Or…… Why not GWS???
---Got variety? Got cost effectiveness? Got product reliability? Got innovative product? Got superior design?
Got prestige? Or got best value?
May 16, 2008, 04:51 PM
Mr. Lin, some help please.

I'm trying to buy a pair of impellers, part # GWDFS001. I contacted Tower Hobby, and was told they do not carry them. Customer service at Tower said to contact GWS in Califonia. So I did. I gave the young lady at your Company the part number and asked to order them.

She told me they do stock them, but she can't sell them to me, I have to order them through Tower Hobby. I explained to her that Tower had told me to contact GWS to order them as they do not carry them. She told me she was sorry but I had to order them from Tower.

I called Tower Hobby back, explained all to Cusomer service there, and was told there is nothing they can do and I would need to call GWS to order them.

Can you help me out?

Thank You,

Brad
May 16, 2008, 04:58 PM
Registered VOICE
Brad, order here:
http://www.caliberhobby.com/ducted_fans.html

Quick Reply