May 30, 2007, 04:09 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Thread OP
Discussion

The "Lonely Birds" will provide GWS products to anyone GWS flyer arround the world!

GWS will planning to to work on a new programe similar to Early Birds.

The "Lonely Birds" will provide GWS products to anyone GWS flyer arround the world under the following conditions:

1. There did not have an importer in your country sell GWS.

2. The importer do not carry the exactly items of GWS products you need.

3. The importer out of stock for a long time for such items, yet did not booking to GWS so far.

Wish this will make every one happy to get GWS products on time in any conners of the world!

The detail, pls contect GWS service@gws.com.tw

Will be post on GWS web soon.
Last edited by GWS4CEO; Jun 15, 2007 at 07:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2007, 04:24 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Thread OP

We try to let you get all GWS products smoothly and on time!

Hope this will help all the GWS flyers and user no more crying and tears...

GWS Taiwan HQ now have the most complete stock of GWS products!

GWS China will make stocks to catch up soon to be our new HQ!

We try to let you get all GWS products smoothly and on time!
May 30, 2007, 04:46 PM
Mr Lin, this will please a lot of GWS flyers all around the globe, great No more endless waiting....

Maybe it's also getting time to apply a more secure payment method such as Paypal for example. Don't think a lot of people will be happy by sending their credit card details via mail or fax if they wanna order.

Patrick
May 30, 2007, 05:52 PM
Registerd Beaver
Great News!
I've already had great service for spare parts, direct from GWS.

This will make it even better.
Replacement wings & fuselages are impossible to get in Australia.

Phil
May 30, 2007, 07:08 PM
Intentionally left blank
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Beaver
Great News!

Phil
Phil,
Have you tried Neil?
www.planecrazyhobbies.com.au

Not local to you but good prices and range. Will get what you want.

Edit: No commercial interest, just satisfied customer.
May 30, 2007, 09:35 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Great News!

Phil
It would be great to be able to get replacement parts, but at reasonable prices. Spare parts can be had here at a few places, but with what they cost, you're better off buying a whole new plane... a new wing or fuse can cost 1/2 the price as entire new kit!
May 31, 2007, 09:45 AM
Confused? Who, me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
GWS will planning to to work on a new programe similar to Early Birds.

The "Longly Birds" will provide GWS products to anyone flyer arround the world under the following conditions:
Mr Lin your command of the English language is 10000000 times better than my Taiwanese, but could I suggest you think of a different name? There is no such word as "longly" - I can't even work out what you're trying to say. Early Birds has a clear meaning but Longly Birds doesn't. Please don't be offended
May 31, 2007, 10:25 AM
MN WATTS Master
Maybe he means Lonely?
May 31, 2007, 06:18 PM
Mr Lin, this is good news. Thanks !

Just curious, why is the Slow Stick NPS Yellow (GWAEO018F) so hard to find here in the States ?

Bob
Jun 01, 2007, 04:18 PM
I think maybe a name like Black Bird or Blue Bird might be better.

I'm guessing Mr Lin is trying to say he wants GWS to get kits out to everyone who wants one as soon as possible no matter where.

English is a bastardized language so, there you have it.

I know here in Perth you have to look hard for GWS kits now. I think amongst the 5 stores here I know, I've seen a Zero, DC-4, Beaver and B-2.

I've also been told its cheaper to buy a new kit then get spares.

Any rate, I think something like Black Bird Program would be a good name.

Sym
Jun 02, 2007, 08:46 PM
Captured RAF FW - 190
Even though J Perkins is a UK GWS distributor there is sometimes an issue with the other GWS products like the electronics (motors etc). I mean for exact set up as recommended by GWS specs for the kits.So we can use the specified motors etc. And as the Local / UK Hobby shops get them from J Perkins we have the same problem.
Would this mean then we could get the electronic parts needed too, even if there is the distributor I mentioned on this new scheme?
Jun 03, 2007, 08:35 AM
Random Flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard
Mr Lin your command of the English language is 10000000 times better than my Taiwanese, but could I suggest you think of a different name? There is no such word as "longly" - I can't even work out what you're trying to say. Early Birds has a clear meaning but Longly Birds doesn't. Please don't be offended
LOL! I was going to make the same comment. I think Mr Lin means "Late Birds"...

Maybe as in "the early bird gets the pain, but the late bird gets the plane?" [/Joke]
Jun 03, 2007, 04:01 PM
Captured RAF FW - 190
Well the opposite meaning to 'early' is 'late' if that is what is meant.
Jun 03, 2007, 09:01 PM
Registerd Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
a new wing or fuse can cost 1/2 the price as entire new kit!
Putting things in perspective,
Being where I am (just down the road from Taiwan) it is far far better value for money to buys spares direct from GWS.
As an example - I bought a GWS Me109 fuselage (~$12US), a pair of Spitfire fuselage halves ($6US each) a couple of Me109 spinners & a few other small things I can't recall right now.
The whole lot landed on my doorstep for about $60USD ($85 AUD)
In fact the dearest item was $17USD postage!
To buy a GWS WWII warbird here is ~$106AUD so it's a no brainer, I got 2 planes airworthy again for much less.
For my US mates, it's the other way around - you're lucky.
At the end of the day it's up to the consumer to find their best avenue.
I like this idea as it formally opens up the options to GWS customers

Phil
Jun 03, 2007, 10:11 PM
Dance the skies...
Quote:
Putting things in perspective,
Being where I am (just down the road from Taiwan) it is far far better value for money to buys spares direct from GWS.
As an example - I bought a GWS Me109 fuselage (~$12US), a pair of Spitfire fuselage halves ($6US each) a couple of Me109 spinners & a few other small things I can't recall right now.
The whole lot landed on my doorstep for about $60USD ($85 AUD)
In fact the dearest item was $17USD postage!
To buy a GWS WWII warbird here is ~$106AUD so it's a no brainer, I got 2 planes airworthy again for much less.
For my US mates, it's the other way around - you're lucky.
At the end of the day it's up to the consumer to find their best avenue.
I like this idea as it formally opens up the options to GWS customers

Phil
Hi Phil, I guess it's all about location (just like buying real estate!)

If I could order direct from GWS USA anytime I wanted GWS planes, parts, etc. it would make things much simpler (assuming they kept a good inventory) and avoid having to web surf other web stores to try and find that one plane or part. But I don't think that's the way it will work here in the US... hoping GWS will clarify here.

Quick Reply