Oct 29, 2002, 02:34 PM

GWS Zero tips/mods

I am currently in the process of building my Zero, searched for tips but still have a few questions for those of who have experience with this plane. I plan on keeping everything forward to achieve a 45-50mm COG. I am installing dual aileron servos for flaperons, no rudder or LG. I am using 8 cell 700nimh with the stock EPS 300 power system. I added some down and right thrust, just under 2 degrees each, but am wondering if I should change wing incidence or hor. stab. to combat the nose up tendency that some say it has at full throttle? The horiz. stabilizer incidence seems a bit high, I have not assemble the fuse yet, but eyeballing it looks like a degree or two drop might help? Any ideas or tips on construction greatly appreciated. ?

Thanks, Hague
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2002, 03:06 PM
Captain Carnage says......

hi hague

i noticed as i set up zero# 1, that i had set the elevator surface flush to the top of the hor. stab= zero 1 had the pull up stall tendency

on zero #2 i set the elevator surface flush to the bottom of the hor. stab and it seemed to pretty much take away the stall up tendency

i then noticed that the stab /elev surface seemed to be more symetric that way too, as if it were meant to be that way

had mine flying again this weekend after a 3 week rebuild and reconfigure of some things, without trimming it flew almost flat and level at 3/4 throttle and of course at full throttle she climbed..but not as bad also set up exponential nad dual rates
seemed to help alot on the overroll/ overcontrol problem i had even with throws set at 1/8" on ailerons

the rest is in the final trimming for me now

Belgy
Last edited by AirWarriorBelgy; Oct 29, 2002 at 03:09 PM.
Oct 29, 2002, 05:13 PM
Been There! Done That!

Re: hi hague

Quote:
Originally posted by AirWarriorBelgy
i noticed as i set up zero# 1, that i had set the elevator surface flush to the top of the hor. stab= zero 1 had the pull up stall tendency

on zero #2 i set the elevator surface flush to the bottom of the hor. stab and it seemed to pretty much take away the stall up tendency

i then noticed that the stab /elev surface seemed to be more symetric that way too, as if it were meant to be that way

had mine flying again this weekend after a 3 week rebuild and reconfigure of some things, without trimming it flew almost flat and level at 3/4 throttle and of course at full throttle she climbed..but not as bad also set up exponential nad dual rates
seemed to help alot on the overroll/ overcontrol problem i had even with throws set at 1/8" on ailerons

the rest is in the final trimming for me now

Belgy
I found 50%EXP fixed my control problems!
boomer
Oct 29, 2002, 05:25 PM
Hi

I just switched from 8 700 AAA packs to an 8 cell 1100HE cell and it was a nice improvement in performance..the plane flew stronger and longer.I didn`t seem to notice the extra weight

Mike