Do you have any "Pilot Art"? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 26, 2007, 07:04 PM
Discussion

Do you have any "Pilot Art"?

On my foamies, I usually paint a white cockpit area, outlined in black (booooring). Occasionally, I draw in the obligatory Snoopy Red Baron, but I'd like to find some really radical or amusing cartoon-type characters to put in the cockpit instead. I've seen some fellows using clown cartoons, or Kilroy type faces with swept-back hair.... all by builders who are far more artistically talented than me. I've searched images.google.com, but I haven't found anything really suitable.

Does anyone have some "pilot art" they'd be willing to share? Please post close-up pix.
to remove ads between posts
May 27, 2007, 09:10 AM
These were saved from the Tiger Moth thread, scale decals thread, Tiger Moth build guide, and the internet.

Some need some clean up that I haven't gotten around to yet.
Jun 03, 2007, 10:54 PM
For the OLD guys.
And if you ever get one of those "wild ones".
how about the Ratfink!
windy city
Jun 04, 2007, 01:06 PM
Thanks guys, I love it. I am always looking for new pilots for my planes. Here's a few I have picked up.
Jun 04, 2007, 01:06 PM
And a last couple. Woodstock drawn by GPW in an old thread.
Last edited by rockin' roller; Jun 04, 2007 at 04:25 PM.
Jun 04, 2007, 01:49 PM
r&r - I love the J_Pilot. Now I have to build a plane just to have an excuse for him to fly it - maybe an eindecker?!

This is a great thread.
Jun 04, 2007, 01:56 PM
I have a nice picture of Chuck Yeager I'm going to use.

Get a famous pilot's picture with Google images.
Jun 04, 2007, 03:31 PM
Does anyone have a Russian looking pilot from WWII?
Jun 04, 2007, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdahlhaus
r&r - I love the J_Pilot. Now I have to build a plane just to have an excuse for him to fly it - maybe an eindecker?!

This is a great thread.
Unfortunately I can't take credit for the art. I found it posted in another thread, and figured it was worth reposting here. The original poster had that pilot mounted in a cartoonish Eindecker looking plane, and it was great.

Thanks everyone, for your contributions.
Jun 04, 2007, 08:00 PM
Hey ... after a slow start, this thread is turning out to be some fun! Here is my attempt at reproducing the Kilroy pilot that I saw down at the San Diego fly-in a few weeks ago. It's not fancy, but it's easy to draw on with a Sharpie. If anybody would like to add some color, pls post pix of your handiwork.
Nov 29, 2007, 08:45 PM
"On the Wing"

Free Pilot art

Here's a pilot I drew this evening, one colored, one black & white you can color as you wish. Free for your own personal use.

Paul
Last edited by paulo810; Dec 01, 2007 at 04:35 PM.
Nov 29, 2007, 09:13 PM
AMA 8614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatenever
On my foamies, I usually paint a white cockpit area, outlined in black (booooring). Occasionally, I draw in the obligatory Snoopy Red Baron, but I'd like to find some really radical or amusing cartoon-type characters to put in the cockpit instead. I've seen some fellows using clown cartoons, or Kilroy type faces with swept-back hair.... all by builders who are far more artistically talented than me. I've searched images.google.com, but I haven't found anything really suitable.

Does anyone have some "pilot art" they'd be willing to share? Please post close-up pix.
Here is a famous aviator who would let you use his likeness for a small fee based on wingspan and watts. You can contact him through me if you are interested in an "old and bold" flyer. Buzzard Bob
Nov 30, 2007, 01:40 AM
TJC
TJC
Crossweave king
Currently piloting my Dart:
Nov 30, 2007, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC
Currently piloting my Dart:

Cool! Looks like Dart Vader