May 24, 2007, 09:10 PM
Dave Raines
Thread OP
Fly-In

2nd Annual E-Vent Electric Fly-In - June 9th, Hamilton, Ohio

The HAWKS 2nd annual electric event will be held Saturday June 9th, 2007. The E-Vent will have separate flying areas for general sport aircraft and 3D foamie type planes. Any type of electrically powered flying craft are welcome. Pilot registration begins at 8:30am and open flying starts at 9:00am. Events: Speed Limit and Shooting Gallery -> winners receive Great Planes airplanes w/brushless motors/ESC/Rx. Raffle items: F-27C Stryker RTF electric airplane, $100 gift certificate and other RC stuff. Single raffle tickets $1, 6 for $5. $5 Landing fee includes free bottle of CA. AMA required.
Last edited by Lemmiwinks; Jun 03, 2007 at 11:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 03, 2007, 11:16 PM
Dave Raines
Thread OP
Added a map of the flying field...
Jun 05, 2007, 03:31 PM
Hey Guys,
Mike said we will be Demoing our new 74" Extreme Flight Yak 54.
Our sponsors have made some donations to your raffle.
Castle Creations PHX 80
Im awaiting on a box from Astroflight now too. Im not sure whatis in it but will let you know!
Thanks Guys
Well see you next week.
Is there a Rain Date???
Terry
Jun 05, 2007, 03:48 PM
Dave Raines
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Astro
Hey Guys,
Castle Creations PHX 80
Im awaiting on a box from Astroflight now too. Im not sure whatis in it but will let you know!
Thanks Guys
Well see you next week.
Is there a Rain Date???
Terry
Hi Terry. You are welcome to demo what ever you want. I have a demo spot reserved for you. Thanks for your support. Sunday is the rain date. I will keep you posted about any schedule changes.

BTW, make sure to bring any flyers you have for your KY fly-in. It will be a good place to distribute them. I will be there for sure.
Jun 05, 2007, 07:21 PM
No offical date for our e-fly. Looks like we will be sent to NEAT again. I will make sure Mike, Bob or you know. I tried to do a build post on here and have some people attacking my opionions and info. Same guy on FG too in my post there. I dont think Ill be posting much on here, my opinions and stuffs attacked because of what I learn and believe from flying and talking with pros and what they help teach me. Ill just fly at he shows for the sponsors. Shame people are like that. I know when we come to your show, we wont be looked at like we have not a clue of what we think, our set ups or how we fly. Thank your club, definately a great group of people. I hope Morris will be there. He never got back when I e-mailed him. Hes a great guy and knows alot of good information. I hated Bob dropped the ball on a project we wanted to do with him, I dont want him to think we havent stop asking for Bob to work with him.
Terry
Jun 06, 2007, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Hey Guys,
Castle Creations PHX 80
Thanks Guys
Well see you next week.
Is there a Rain Date???
Terry
Astro Flight sent:
2 -Blinkies, one with the new TP adpt
Watt meter
Servo tester
Upgrade 1.7v chip for a 109 Charger

Castle Creations sent:
PHX 80 ESC
Jun 06, 2007, 06:38 PM
Looking forward to it this weekend. Weather looks perfect, 80deg, Sunny, 6mph winds. Pity the Tiger 5FB was shipped so late, no time to setup and maiden in the next 2 days

Jon
Loveland OH.
Jun 06, 2007, 10:44 PM
Dave Raines
Thread OP
Quote:
Astro Flight sent:
2 -Blinkies, one with the new TP adpt
Watt meter
Servo tester
Upgrade 1.7v chip for a 109 Charger

Castle Creations sent:
PHX 80 ESC
Thanks Terry, looks like we will have a nice set of prizes again!
Jun 06, 2007, 10:45 PM
Dave Raines
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsJr
Looking forward to it this weekend. Weather looks perfect, 80deg, Sunny, 6mph winds. Pity the Tiger 5FB was shipped so late, no time to setup and maiden in the next 2 days

Jon
Loveland OH.
Hi Jon. Where do you normally fly? You might want to drop by Hobby Express in the next few days and grab some of the free raffle tickets...
Jun 08, 2007, 10:16 AM
Dave,
I am sure those who have never been there would find it interesting to know about the power supply set up at the feild. There might be a few less batteries charged tonight-LOL.
We still need an extension cord and inverter(MENT POWER SUPPLY) Right?
Terry
Last edited by Team Astro; Jun 08, 2007 at 11:12 AM.
Jun 08, 2007, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Dave,
I am sure those who have never been there would find it interesting to know about the power supply set up at the feild. There might be a few less batteries charged tonight-LOL.
We still need an extension cord and inverter Right?
Terry
What is the setup? Do just need to bring a 110v extension cord and my 110v/12v power supply to charge from?

Thanks,
Jon
Loveland.
Jun 08, 2007, 11:09 AM
Dave Raines
Thread OP
Quote:
Dave,
We still need an extension cord and inverter Right?
Terry
We have approximatley one dozen 120VAC outlets on the fence line for the sole purpose of battery charging. You wont need an inverter so much as you will need a DC power supply. A short (~25ft) extension cord will be needed if you pit far from the fence line. We will have a 150', three outlet extension on each side to bring juice to those in the "boonies"!
Jun 08, 2007, 11:10 AM
Dave Raines
Thread OP
Quote:
What is the setup? Do just need to bring a 110v extension cord and my 110v/12v power supply to charge from?

Thanks,
Jon
Loveland.
That should work fine Jon. BTW, did you get any of the free raffle tickets?
Jun 08, 2007, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinks
That should work fine Jon. BTW, did you get any of the free raffle tickets?
Unfortunately not, working in Erlanger and living in Loveland, its a bit far out of my way for a mid-week run I'll stop by on a weekend as I have never been to the store and would like to peruse their stock.

I'll be there around 8am with an e-z-up and a selection of the fleet to sacrifice to the gravity gods....

Jon.
Jun 08, 2007, 12:22 PM
Dave Raines
Thread OP
Quote:
Unfortunately not, working in Erlanger and living in Loveland, its a bit far out of my way for a mid-week run I'll stop by on a weekend as I have never been to the store and would like to peruse their stock.

I'll be there around 8am with an e-z-up and a selection of the fleet to sacrifice to the gravity gods....

Jon.
I'm sorry, I thought since it's in Loveland it would be easy for you to get to. See you tomorrow!

Quick Reply