This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 23, 2007, 09:37 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

The news may be premature...

Boy, do I feel silly.

I could have saved myself $46 if I'd looked at the damage to the Cessna a bit closer.

The voices in my head told me to dig the Cessna out of the recycle bin this morning. Guess what? They were on to something.

Oh, sure, there was some CA...but only a few paltry drops. The foam was utterly pristine. The broken part wasn't completely broken off, you see. The antenna tube, trim tape and a few small shreds of foam were holding it on, more or less.

I mixed up some epoxy, trowled it on, and put the pieces back together.

It worked. Perfectly, in fact. If that empanage ever breaks off again, it sure as shootin' won't be at that epoxied joint.

The hobby shop will issue store credit, so I'll get the tail assembly and a few odds and ends for the Blade CP. I have two damaged tailfeather assemblies and I may be able to salvage the decals.

As it turns out, I would have had to have spent more money to get the Formosa in the air. My 1100mAh Ni-Mh packs from the Cessna were a bit too thick to fit properly in the fuselage and I didn't want to start hacking foam.

OR...I may keep the Formosa and assemble it a little at a time with an outrunner and a li-po. That'll give me an excuse to upgrade my radio while I'm at it.

Ah, the possibilities.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply