May 23, 2007, 11:15 AM
Thread OP
Question

No JR X9303 2.4 ghz for the uk ! Can this be true?[/B]

I don't know, but don't get excited. Just received this email

Dear Bill

This radio will only be available in the US.

Regards
John Norris

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 23 May 2007 13:40
To: John Norris
Subject: FW: X9303

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 22 May 2007 22:17
To: Helger Sales
Subject: X9303

Do you have a release date for the X9303 2.4 ghz Heli Tx wJRDSM 9-ch Rx,
4-821 Sx Mode 2 ?

Thank you
Last edited by Rockeyes; May 23, 2007 at 01:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2007, 02:47 PM
Thats probably because the 9303 is the USA variant. Horizon/Spektrum will not be selling this under the Spektrum Label but will be available under the JR label.

So here in the UK, expect to see it as the JR 9XII 2.4 but towards the end of the year.

Basically below 9 channels = Spektrum branded, above 9 channels = JR branded.

May 23, 2007, 03:11 PM
Thread OP
JR is pleased to announce a new pro-class, programmable aircraft system: the 9-channel JR 9X V3 / X9303 2.4, which is coming this summer. The system features all the software sophistication JR is known for, PLUS the no-pins, no-crystals, no-glitches convenience and security of proven DSM2 2.4GHz technology by Spektrum.
May 23, 2007, 03:21 PM
Yep.... and ??
May 23, 2007, 04:00 PM
Thread OP
Yep and nothing ! Chill it’s a forum where answers are sought and friends are made.

A friend of mine found that piece of info and sent it to me to which I thought I would share it.
So it looks like the radio will be available after all but just branded as a JR 9X V3 as opposed to a JR 9303. Shame, that could have been cleared up by JR during my previous enquires.
Anyway fingers crossed for a prompt release so I can get the Vario which has 4S ccpm ready for flight.
May 23, 2007, 04:22 PM
Sorry, didnt mean to come over as snotty.....

I thought that you had submitted that as a response to my previous post.

Unfortunately when you say JR, who exactly do you mean ???

The UK distributor will get the 9X V3 / 9XDX / 9XII 2.4 (or whatever they decide to call it) after the US gets theirs.

Its a game of numbers, the US will order BIG numbers, the UK will probably order a small amount in comparison. Plus, JR Japan will then have to get it Type Tested & EMC Tested before it leaves for the UK. That can take some time, because of the tighter restrictions placed on us.

So anticipate the 9X thingy being available in the UK around Crimbletime.

May 25, 2007, 05:14 AM
Thread OP
Hey no problem

I’m getting a little tired of trying to track down a decent answer. As always I’m in a rush and require a 2.4ghz system that will handle the Vario 4S ccpm head. The JR system seemed to be my answer and was ready to leave Futaba behind (after 20yrs).

Numerous google searches come up with a 9 channel 2.4ghz system by JR. The radio being marketed as a X903 or in the UK a JR 9X V3 2.4ghz and availability by late June 2007. I have since contacted a couple of very well known and established JR agents who inform me that these units will indeed be available at this time.

So back on a high even though I will not be flying much until late June. Booked some hols for July and August and bam received this email this morning from Macgregor uk.

Dear Bill,

I am led to believe that JR are intending to bring out a PCM9X system at
2.4 GHz towards the end of this year or early in 2008. Please be assured
that they will not do so until the considerable possible technical problems
have been overcome. It is intended that any JR system will be for all
model types.

Please note that the USA system, where a maximum power level of 500 mW is
allowed, will not be legal in this country (or the EU) as the maximum power
for the modulation system that Spektrum use is only 10 mW/MHz.

Those figures don’t seem correct to me either. 10 mw/Mhz ? That equates to 2.4 Watts on a 2.4 ghz system or have I cocked up the maths?
May 25, 2007, 06:08 AM
Those figures are quite correct.... (but the maths is cocked up).... in the OFCOM documentation it shows that FHSS systems are allowed a maximum peak power of 100mW, but with DSSS the peak power density limit is 10mW measured in a 1 MHz Bandwidth.

Spektrum uses DSSS and so over here in the UK we have a lower limit.

The problem is that the standards documentation is confusing, OFCOM's documentation is confusing and we are in a big grey area............
May 25, 2007, 06:42 AM
Thread OP
“Peak power density limits” wow, don’t want to go there! I understand basic transmitting power thats it. A google search on that sent my wee gyro’s toppling.
Looks like the poor guys over at Macgregor have their work cut out with politics and red tape.
I guess I will just have to wait and see. Thanks for the info anyway.
May 25, 2007, 06:46 AM
No problems.... (you havent a clue how much time I have spent trawling the net getting the standards... bleedin' nightmare !)

Feb 28, 2009, 06:45 AM
So in theory the USA spec system (X9303) has 5x the output power of the UK model?

Quick Reply