This thread is privately moderated by alan west, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 23, 2007, 08:01 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

o the pain of it all

well i flew my sparky 400 this last weekend with the help of a more experienced flyer. it needed a lot of trimming up. i moved all of the servos to minimum throw and straightened out the motor. the motor had too much downthrust and right thrust. the tricky thing about this plane turns out to be the cg. when under power it needs to be moved forward however to glide without power it needs to be set back. so i will have to set it too heavy forward to fly under power or tailheavy for gliding. the controls on this plane are very sensitive. we will see how these new setting work out. i still have more cg testing to do. i have a new computer radio and i was learning how to use it. so i turn it on and start to find a new memory slot to program the sparky. DO NOT DO THIS. unless the airplane is not plugged in. the next thing i know good ole sparky ran off my workbench across the room into a wall nose first. it turns out that the new memory slot i found had some settings already on it including reversed throttle. the upshoot from this mistake is a burned out park 400 outrunner and its esc. so i replaced the park 400 with a gws 28mm outrunner which matches specs for the e-flite. what a loss. i am still a little angry at the event. at least my kids and their friend weren't in the line of fire.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply