Oct 27, 2002, 01:25 PM
RB
RB
Thread OP

Aircraft Carrier

Yesterday afternoon while getting everything ready for the Atlanta Indoor session I started thinking of a way to secure my planes while transporting them in my van. There was a scrap piece of plywood leaning against the wall and I put the thinking cap on and this is what I came up with. I then realized that with some way to secure the back of the plane I could use the board to carry all three planes into the arena and not have to make several trips.

I used short wood screws and #64 rubber bands to secure the main wheels and a "u" shaped brad to secure the rubber bands that loop around the tail skids. I bored two holes and connected them with a saber saw for the handle at the balance point.

You do need to exercise care when walking or moving the board around. You could tear up several planes at once

Ray
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2002, 01:31 PM
RB
RB
Thread OP
OKAY !! I rebooted and here is the pic.

Ray
Oct 27, 2002, 02:27 PM
Looks like it'll work. Definitely be careful of walls and door jambs though!
By the way, where's the third wing?
Dennis-
Oct 27, 2002, 02:36 PM
RB
RB
Thread OP
They will fit under the fuse of the Cub and the wing of the tailless . I have not decided whether to use a velcro strap or some more rubber bands.

Ray
Oct 27, 2002, 02:37 PM
Hmm, kerosene... :)
Hrm, I like that flying-wing-stick-thingie!!!

Looks like a nice experiment for when I destroy the tail-section of
my stick w. ailerons again
Oct 27, 2002, 05:19 PM
RB
RB
Thread OP
The CG is app 1" back currently. You need lots of reflex. I am still experimenting with incidence.

First flight was last night. A friendly tree softly caught the tail heavy plane [ about 7' up }. Moved the gear and battery forward and flew out the batt. The roll response is surprisingly slow.

Decided against flying it indoors for now.

Ray

Quick Reply