Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Oct 27, 2002, 09:58 AM
Find More Posts by RD Blakeslee

Higher current output LiPoly chargers?

"We are very happy to see chargers coming along quickly." - Electroman

Anybody getting close to marketing a dedicated LiPoly charger with selectable current output up to 4 amps, for folks using large-size LiPoly packs?
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2002, 08:36 AM
"The only thing I don't like about (the Triton charger) is its output for Li-ion cells. 2.5amps is kinda weak."

-Troy

Exactly right, Troy!

But where can we get a LiPoly charger that puts out more?
Old Oct 28, 2002, 10:53 AM
Find More Posts by ls77
Former bpp dude
Well the charger I am devloping right now is rated to 4.5amps max plus its dual output so you could charge two 4,000+ma Li-polys at the same time if you wished. I can make a version that will go up to 8amps on request. Components get really pricey when you get to those current levels though.
Old Oct 28, 2002, 04:20 PM
Troy -

Will your 4.5 amp unit charge @ 4.2 V times the number of cells in series, with initial charging current selectable at a safe max. for the C of the cells?

Can you price it yet? - Thanks -

- Dave