Old Oct 26, 2002, 08:06 PM
Find More Posts by mumblety-peg

Laser Arrow Electric... how fast will it go?

This kit has been calling me from the LHS for a looong time now. And I've just found someone else who has succesfuly flown one.

I've been looking for a home for my 1409 2y. And I think this may be it. Lots of wing area and a high speed design. I'm thinkin' 12 RC2400s.

Question... what would be the best prop for speed? I tried running some numbers thru ecalc. But no matter what the prop, I can't get the predication up past around 65 MPH without bringing the current consumption to F5B levels. Even a 6*6, with a prop speed of 119 MPH just brings the predication up to 65 MPH.
Not enough thrust perhaps?
Have I hit the wall here as far as electric on this model? I really want to hold the current down to 50 Amps or less.

Thanks
Mum
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2002, 09:55 PM
Find More Posts by GregG
Speed Demon
Too much pitch speed, not enough thrust for the airframe. It would probably be faster with a geared larger diameter high pitch prop. I just ran it up in Motocalc with an Astro 2.38 GB and a 10 X 10 prop and got 43 amps, ~90 pitch speed, and 73 oz. thrust. That's up from 50 oz. thrust at the higher pitch speed.
Old Oct 26, 2002, 11:25 PM
Find More Posts by mumblety-peg
Thanks Greg-

This looks much better. Is this GB the same GB that fits on an 035? I think I have one around here somewhere.

Mitch