May 14, 2007, 08:01 PM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
Fly-In

NEAT Fair Pilot Pre-Registration Opens! (Downsville, NY)

NEAT fair
Sept 14,15,16 2007
Downsville, NY
http://www.neatfair.org

Dear Potential 2007 NEAT Fair Pilot

We have opened pilot registration on our website. This year we are going paperless! (Except for your check!) Please fill out the form(s) online and hit submit. You can find links to the info and forms at:

http://www.neatfair.org

Please be sure to make your payment promptly after getting the return email confirmation with the total price for pilot fees. If you plan on going to the Friday night dinner social (We are returning to the Rockland House this year) you can add those fees to the pilot fees.

The lunchtime Demo slots are going to be by pre-arrangement only this year. If you intend to take advantage of this feature, please be sure to submit that form also. It will NOT be a first come, first served arrangement. We are going to be very selective this year to the complexion of the demo flights and will be keeping the entire session to one hour. You can improve your chances of being chosen by selecting the box asking if you would consider flying at the same time as another pilot of a similar type ship. We probably will not have more than 2 in the air at a time of any class except for possibly slow flyers. If you do not know yet what model(s) you may be flying you will have until Aug. 10th to decide when we shut down the demo reservation form.

We are still looking for volunteers to help out with the show. If you would like to donate a couple hours (or more!) of your time, please find your way to:

http://www.neatfair.org/reg/reg-worker.php

Thanks and hope you choose to come to the 2007 show!

Best Regards
Tom Hunt
2007 Event Director
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2007, 07:49 AM
Cool beans!
Tom,

Nice job on the revised website! I see Joe's been busy.

Any word yet on if there will be a Saturday night nightflyer contest again this year???

Rob
May 15, 2007, 02:22 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Tom

Just submitted the registration for Ron and I for the NEAT Fair. Can't wait to see you and the rest of the guys.

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
May 16, 2007, 06:18 AM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob
Tom,

Nice job on the revised website! I see Joe's been busy.

Any word yet on if there will be a Saturday night nightflyer contest again this year???

Rob

Hi Rob

Yes, we wil be doing something on saturday night with regards to a slow flyer contest, i'm just not sure what yet. I have to come up with something different, but just as exciting.

Thanks
Tom
May 16, 2007, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
Hi Rob

Yes, we wil be doing something on saturday night with regards to a slow flyer contest, i'm just not sure what yet. I have to come up with something different, but just as exciting.

Thanks
Tom

Full contact GWS Beaver combat!
May 19, 2007, 05:24 PM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
Hey Guys...

It's been less than a week since we openned the website for pre-registration and we are already at 55 pilots!

We also have 11 vendors signed up.

Keep'm coming!

see some of you at LVRCS in a couple of weeks! Keep spread'n the word.

Tom
May 21, 2007, 01:41 PM
I am the BBQ Ninja
Hey all I am going to make the trip from Minnesota! Might even bring an SR-71 or two...

Matt
Jun 04, 2007, 09:03 PM
Cool beans!
Guys,

I'm not sure if you've made your reservation at Peaceful Valley yet but when I called about a week ago they said they've been inundated with calls for NEAT, and they are filling up spaces much quicker this year. Normally I call in late March, but for some reason this year I waited until I registered then called PV. Good thing I didn't wait longer as I might have been out of luck.

BTW I was calling for a tent site. I'm pretty sure the RV sites go even faster.

Looks like it'll be a busy year at NEAT again this year!!!

Rob
Jun 05, 2007, 12:05 AM
wow, last year I just showed up on fri. morning, paid my money and set up my tent on a spot they pointed out to me in the parking lot, within minutes there was a tent city around me.
Does this mean I can expect to not be accomodated like that this year?
Jun 05, 2007, 09:23 AM
Cool beans!
Bill,

Sounds like you might have camped out on the flight line. From what I've heard that's still cool, but if you're looking for a "regular" campsite away from the flightline then you might want to call ahead. All depends upon what you're looking for.

Have fun,

Rob
Jun 19, 2007, 12:24 PM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
Hi guys...

Well, we have been open for sign-ups for a little more than a month now and we already have 85 pilots, 27 vendors taking 40 outdoor booths and 3 vendor tent booths. We also have about 13 non-SEFLI guys signed up to help with the running of the show.

Friday night dinners are a little slow. Don't forget that we are going back indoors to the Rockland house for a Buffet dinner on Friday the 14th. Same price as 2 years ago! How's that for helping stifle inflation!

Thanks
Tom
Jun 23, 2007, 03:16 PM
Is there an "official" hotel that most of the pilots stay at?

Looking foward to my first NEAT fair!!

Ray
Jun 29, 2007, 05:56 PM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1lul
Is there an "official" hotel that most of the pilots stay at?

Looking foward to my first NEAT fair!!

Ray
Ya... it's called Peace Valley Campsite.... bring your sleeping bag!

Other than that... no... Most of the area is motels, cabins and B+B's

Tom
Jul 11, 2007, 03:57 PM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA
Tom,
I have been calling PV and leving messages as directed by Arrine but he still has not returned my call for my reservation. Any ideas? Should i just send money and hope he has a site for me when I arrive. It is a mother of a drive with a trailer. I would be bummed if he turned me away.
Thanks
Dave Rieco (Yellowspider)
Jul 12, 2007, 01:24 PM
Head NEAT geek
Thread OP
Dave

send a check immediately.... if he cashes it... you've got a reservation!

Arnie basically runs the place all on his own. Even I have a difficult time getting ahold of him between memorial day and labor day.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowspider
Tom,
I have been calling PV and leving messages as directed by Arrine but he still has not returned my call for my reservation. Any ideas? Should i just send money and hope he has a site for me when I arrive. It is a mother of a drive with a trailer. I would be bummed if he turned me away.
Thanks
Dave Rieco (Yellowspider)

Quick Reply