Dec 30, 2007, 07:26 PM
Build, Fly, Crash..Repeat
Hey Rob, welcome to the madness Hey CK, a couple of degrees change of thrust angle worked great on the forty. Dead level with "0" elev trim and just 2 clicks of right. Flew 2 flights with the 40 on 4s and 2 on the Fity on 3s2p. Man, the TL40 on 4s and Medusa 2200 with 6x4 sport prop is the fastest, most stable plane I've flown
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2007, 07:36 PM
Mum is the word!
Sweet,its so nice to getu'm dialed aint it.Thnx for havin somuch fun
I know exactly ho you feel
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman65
Hey Rob, welcome to the madness Hey CK, a couple of degrees change of thrust angle worked great on the forty. Dead level with "0" elev trim and just 2 clicks of right. Flew 2 flights with the 40 on 4s and 2 on the Fity on 3s2p. Man, the TL40 on 4s and Medusa 2200 with 6x4 sport prop is the fastest, most stable plane I've flown
Dec 30, 2007, 07:42 PM
Thank you CK. Just looking at the 54 Lightning, be a good candidate for twins or just a big A123 plane. Back to work on Demon.

Tony
Dec 30, 2007, 07:50 PM
Mum is the word!
Ya ,it would be perfect for the a 123's more so than the others, and it would not be a hard build for them.
ck
Quote:
Thank you CK. Just looking at the 54 Lightning, be a good candidate for twins or just a big A123 plane. Back to work on Demon.

Tony
Dec 30, 2007, 10:59 PM
CK just sent you paypal for Neu (1110-2Y 2500KV) motor too

BTW...has anyone actually fried one of these motors? Over proped that is!
Neu 1110-2Y 2500KV

I've already fried a Justgofly 500TH (Vinnie was not to happy ...nice smoke trail running a 6x4 on 3 cells no yet but around 700 watts is was making a lot of heat and not every efficent! It did do 103mph on the WW and last five packs...doh!

Also what is the record top speed and prop configure with 4S with the above motor and 40" D? Also how much lighter is a Demon lite? Which I will be using.

Ken
Last edited by kctrading; Dec 31, 2007 at 12:01 AM.
Dec 31, 2007, 12:27 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Thread OP
Dynomike radared his demon running a Medusa 28-40-2500 and 4s at 154 in a dive. There is video on the first post of this thread. I imagine performance will be similar if not better.
Dec 31, 2007, 12:37 AM

40" Demon build

Making progress, slow and steady. It is starting to take shape as I have all compartments formed and servos with burried rods glued in.
Should I separate the Rx from other components with block of foam. Not sure if it would make a difference or not.

Tony
Dec 31, 2007, 01:08 AM
resU deretsigeR
People tend to over look this part of setting up the clevis's The threaded rod used to attach the clevis should be long enough to go inside the outer sheath of the nyrob this will prevent a week point in the control mechanics

I do this by using threaded control rod and cut it about 3 inches long then i stick the wire (unthreded side into the inner nyron and thread it in.. I can still attach the clevis but the metal control rod provides a nice mechanical advantage over just the inner nyrod
Dec 31, 2007, 01:12 AM
Mum is the word!
You are rite Paul,I usually extend mine in appx 3 inches tohelp keep the flex down to a minmum.
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulVi
People tend to over look this part of setting up the clevis's The threaded rod used to attach the clevis should be long enough to go inside the outer sheath of the nyrob this will prevent a week point in the control mechanics

I do this by using threaded control rod and cut it about 3 inches long then i stick the wire (unthreded side into the inner nyron and thread it in.. I can still attach the clevis but the metal control rod provides a nice mechanical advantage over just the inner nyrod
Dec 31, 2007, 01:22 AM
Nice illustration Paul. I definitely like using the clevices over z-bends for slop-free control surfaces. Do you think separating the rx with a block of foam will make any difference in noise?
Dec 31, 2007, 01:31 AM
ck,the liteflight sounds like a good excuse to get another motor. wanted to try the 4t & 4s in my funjet anyway .kc what,s the neu worth?? good stuff wingman....happy new years guys (party on wayne!)... rob m
Dec 31, 2007, 01:34 AM
Mum is the word!
Any seperation you can do will help.Tony you have a good handle on the build buddy.You got the lay down good.
ck
Quote:
Nice illustration Paul. I definitely like using the clevices
over z-bends for slop-free control surfaces. Do you think separating the rx with a block of foam will make any difference in noise?
Dec 31, 2007, 01:36 AM
Mum is the word!
Hey bud do the long can 1.5 turn on 4s it is sweet.
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorhan
ck,the liteflight sounds like a good excuse to get another motor. wanted to try the 4t & 4s in my funjet anyway .kc what,s the neu worth?? good stuff wingman....happy new years guys (party on wayne!)... rob m
Dec 31, 2007, 01:39 AM
Mum is the word!
Ken I will cut you a Dlite tommorow and sendit out with the wing .That neu is awesome on 4s and 5s also bud.
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by kctrading
CK just sent you paypal for Neu (1110-2Y 2500KV) motor too

BTW...has anyone actually fried one of these motors? Over proped that is!
Neu 1110-2Y 2500KV

I've already fried a Justgofly 500TH (Vinnie was not to happy ...nice smoke trail running a 6x4 on 3 cells no yet but around 700 watts is was making a lot of heat and not every efficent! It did do 103mph on the WW and last five packs...doh!

Also what is the record top speed and prop configure with 4S with the above motor and 40" D? Also how much lighter is a Demon lite? Which I will be using.

Ken
Dec 31, 2007, 01:49 AM
resU deretsigeR
SO i was horsing around with the 4s TL50 today and mounted the "How Fast" to the top of the wing and was doing speed runs..

Max speed in a dive was 158 mph flat and level passes were in the 112 mph range

I just detuned the ESC on the advance so it did have a negative effect i was in the 120 flat out before.. but i flew the whole pack out and it was cool as a kitten when it came down so i think i will leave it this way till after AEF..

Quick Reply