Thread Tools
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2007, 12:52 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Atom1025's Avatar
Progress looks awesome. Keep em' coming!
Dec 30, 2007, 01:17 AM
Mum is the word!
He bro ,Cut the spars out of the way with a dremmel on the 5s confg I suggested ,Then make a small pocket way up front for that 5th cell to slip into, So all the cells can moove forward more.
If you dont ,you will be adding tons of weight to atain cg I think
Ck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman65
Just looking back through Atom's TL50 build again. Very nice job showing every detail of a Ritewing build. Since Atom, Paul, Chuck and others have done so well in showing the Rite way to build, I'm just going to focus on laying out the A123 Demon. I hold you all responsible for my madness
Dec 30, 2007, 01:02 PM
Mum is the word!
Hey bro hot glue works great too to glue stuff down.You are doing a great job
When you get a chance give me a call again I will give you a hand with strengthning thos weak areas.
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman65
Thanks Chris, I was concerned about the strength of the nose but with the coro and glass, it will be fine. I reconfigured the battery bay and it looks much better this way.
Dec 30, 2007, 01:05 PM
Build, Fly, Crash..Repeat
Wingman65's Avatar
I'm going to rebuild all my A123 pack for this setup and I'll have 4 5cell packs to abuse in this Demon. These packs weigh 14.5oz That is about what I need to balance my TL's so I may not need any lead, sweet.
Dec 30, 2007, 02:07 PM
Registered User
kctrading's Avatar
I've used in on both my epp slofly 3D plane and my WW and it matches the foam in color perfectly...also great for repairing any holes in the foam as it is very lite weight, and it expands within the foam so the area is actually stronger...can also be cut with a razor blade and is very light weight! I got a few .75 oz pens are Wall Mart in the craft area.

White Gorilla Glue! Has anyone here tried the quick cure "white" gorilla glue?

Ken
Dec 30, 2007, 02:29 PM
Purples a fruit
punkrockd's Avatar
i use no lead in my 50 with 5sa123's. my pack is configured like this --> IIIII
Dec 30, 2007, 03:45 PM
resU deretsigeR
PaulVi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kctrading

White Gorilla Glue! Has anyone here tried the quick cure "white" gorilla glue?

Ken
Ya i have switched to both the white gorilla and the sumo glue it is faster setting and foams denser

I like it much better
Dec 30, 2007, 03:56 PM
Registered User
rmorhan's Avatar
wingman, perfect timing ! your build will save me alot of aggravation. i just got all the pieces together to start my demon 40. it,s getting a het 4w, phoenix 60 & a123s. i was hoping to run 4s & keep the ft spars intact... what motor/prop are you running? maybe i should bench test before i commit to 4 or 5 cells. any input? thanks ...rob m
Dec 30, 2007, 04:16 PM
Mum is the word!
Rob if you run 4s run the lightflight long can 1.5 turn motor it will rip ,5s will be fast with the mega4 a bit slower on 4s it will be than the lite flight motor.It just depends on how fast you want to go.
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorhan
wingman, perfect timing ! your build will save me alot of aggravation. i just got all the pieces together to start my demon 40. it,s getting a het 4w, phoenix 60 & a123s. i was hoping to run 4s & keep the ft spars intact... what motor/prop are you running? maybe i should bench test before i commit to 4 or 5 cells. any input? thanks ...rob m
Dec 30, 2007, 04:32 PM
Luke 12:7
reefboy's Avatar
Wooo-hoooo.... more Ritewing addicts.

Looks like everyone is doing top notch work! Keep up the great work guys. The payback is going to be very rewarding!
Dec 30, 2007, 05:57 PM
Registered User
rmorhan's Avatar
ck, thanks for the input. my go fast toys include a couple slimejett powered diamond dusts, turbine 5 jet, 750 w sniper ect so i,m definetly looking for " not for girls" status on the demon. on 4s a123 the het drew a wimpy 27a & 320 w on a 6x4e so for a laugh i threw on an old wood 6x10 pylon prop & the setup now pulls 47 amps at 503 w . not sure the het can stand that for long as my custom motor mount (rt hand) detected a slight bit of heat.i,ll put the ir gun on it to get a real temp reading when i mount it a little better. i,ll make up a 5s pack if needed but do ya think the 4s setup on a 6x5 or 6x6 will get me 120mph??all advice appreciated...thanks..rob m
Dec 30, 2007, 06:05 PM
Mum is the word!

Sweet, a new fast guy friend.


Rob I think turnin up the rpms on the demon works better than pitchin up the props.I have found when pitchin the props up usually causes torque issues.I think 4 or 5s on the a123 would be faster on the liteflight 1.5 than on the mega 4.The demon will ballance better with 5cells anyways.
I have ben runnin the lightflight 1.5 long can motor ,and for a 4 0r 5s setup you cant go wrong for the price
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorhan
ck, thanks for the input. my go fast toys include a couple slimejett powered diamond dusts, turbine 5 jet, 750 w sniper ect so i,m definetly looking for " not for girls" status on the demon. on 4s a123 the het drew a wimpy 27a & 320 w on a 6x4e so for a laugh i threw on an old wood 6x10 pylon prop & the setup now pulls 47 amps at 503 w . not sure the het can stand that for long as my custom motor mount (rt hand) detected a slight bit of heat.i,ll put the ir gun on it to get a real temp reading when i mount it a little better. i,ll make up a 5s pack if needed but do ya think the 4s setup on a 6x5 or 6x6 will get me 120mph??all advice appreciated...thanks..rob m
Dec 30, 2007, 06:26 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Atom1025's Avatar

Mini Demon II template


Paul made my drawing in Pdf format so I can share with the group. This is my layout for running a 20mm inrunner and a 1320 3s pack. I am flying mine at 6 3/8" from the ti so the CG is 6-6.5" depending on preference. It should balance with little to no lead and have an AUW of 13-15oz.

I also posted this in post#1 to make it easy to find.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I got some Fan Fold what to build thread part II started by emoone!!! Don Sims Foamies (Kits) 188 Jan 23, 2010 08:28 PM
Build Log RiteWing 48-FT build thread theclaw Slope 46 Dec 09, 2007 08:53 AM
Mountain Models Tantrum Partial Build Thread.. Tram Parkflyers 142 Apr 03, 2004 10:41 PM
My Bobolink Build Thread (very Colibri like) Jim Poor Hand Launch 65 Dec 10, 2003 04:48 PM
Switchback re-build thread (or What the $#*& was that!) Biggles604 Parkflyers 17 Jun 23, 2003 09:34 PM