May 05, 2009, 06:09 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pduffy
The various RiteWings look like fun. I am interested in building a flying wing and am thinking about building the 36" Demon. Where do I find the airfoils for the different versions of the RiteWing? I have looked through the various build threads with no luck. The different plans show the layout of the wing, but do not provide dimensions for the elevons. Where can I find these?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
CK's airfoils are top-secret. They range from fast to faster! The Demon is super fast, the Lightning is slower but more maneuverable, and the TL airfoil is right in the middle.

I do believe there is a 36" Demon but the more common size is 40". Are you sure the 36" Lightning isn't what you want? It's one of the more popular models, I have one and it really rocks on a cheap drivetrain.

As far as the aileron sizes, just order a kit from CK!

Eric
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2009, 10:33 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Hey Chris-

What was the setup in the "Demon on crack" video?

Jeff
May 05, 2009, 02:47 PM
Mum is the word!
Tram it was the medusa 28 40 1700 on 6s 3300's.
It was an amp hog,the 4s 1.5 arc or neu 6s setup is better.
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram
Hey Chris-

What was the setup in the "Demon on crack" video?

Jeff
May 05, 2009, 06:35 PM
cant leave things stock
buy a ritewing man :-)

chris has spent allot of time dialing in these foils & I would suggest that you allow him to benifit from all that time by purchasing the end product
take care
JAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pduffy
The various RiteWings look like fun. I am interested in building a flying wing and am thinking about building the 36" Demon. Where do I find the airfoils for the different versions of the RiteWing? I have looked through the various build threads with no luck. The different plans show the layout of the wing, but do not provide dimensions for the elevons. Where can I find these?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
May 05, 2009, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique
Tram it was the medusa 28 40 1700 on 6s 3300's.
It was an amp hog,the 4s 1.5 arc or neu 6s setup is better.
ck
Werd... Which Neu?
May 05, 2009, 06:47 PM
Mum is the word!
11122y3.2
May 05, 2009, 06:54 PM
Yeh, I couldn't remember..
May 05, 2009, 09:04 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
diggs flying his RW and goolie
http://tinyurl.com/d85roz
May 05, 2009, 09:40 PM
zoom zoom
What is Diggs setup? looks like the fastest pass was 135 mph (doppler)
May 05, 2009, 09:57 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Dlite with 4S5000 yellow jackets (probably) on that run, Arc 1.5 w/APC 6x4 sport and Castle 80, DS821 servos. I was pretty far from the cam on those passes. I never did get it on radar, but I would say that doppler is a bit slow.

Diggs
May 06, 2009, 11:43 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Thread OP
Hey Guys, so I Made it back safe and sound. Man there are hundreds of things I'd like to tell you bout SEFF but it would take to long.

Its gotta be the most beautiful and largest fields I have ever seen! I thought it was huge before the campers cleared out, once the campers were gone it was just insanely huge!

The folks in the south are much different then the folks I am used to, they are happy, polite, generous, and love to have a good time. Super nice people.

The Moonshine cider was just an awesome drink, thanks Laine!

The event was fun but the following days was all about flying for me. I have no idea how much stick time I had but I got enough flying in to tide me over till SEFF 2010.

Being the first to fly a ritewing at night was a joy. The IYF is a perfect platform for lights. It was tough to see but can be easily improved.

The Demon lite was prolly my favorite flier at the event, I was having to much fun! I was running the 6x3 to cut down on amps. She was radard at 138 in a balls out run. Plenty fast for me. I was digging doing touch and goes off the beautiful grass.

CK and the others were not Joking, SEFF is the place to be. Start planning now, save up that scrilla and start preparing your fleet. You'll need a nightflier and a dedicated combat plane so you dont feel left out Bring lots of bug spray!!! If alls you want to do is fly then this is the place, there was rarely a line, but all the friends I made and partying is the best.

I had to much fun!!!!

Adam
May 06, 2009, 12:25 PM
Good to here you made it home safe. This was the first year that I can remember that we did not have to deal with the walking pepper(gnats). The Georgia state bird(mosquito) was out in force to make up for the walking pepper though. See you there next year.
May 06, 2009, 12:29 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
Got your amazing recovery Adam.
http://bit.ly/zPXx7
May 06, 2009, 12:43 PM
Down South in the Caribbean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFBurke
Got your amazing recovery Adam.
http://bit.ly/zPXx7
You guys are just as insane as the Bro Bro's....
Looked awesome....
May 06, 2009, 01:34 PM
FPV for Me
Glad to here you 2 got home fine (Atom,Paul) Had a blast... can't wait to do it again... Enjoyed hanging with all the RiteWing crowd... Have not ever meet a better group of ppl...

Quick Reply